Whats your # 1 Business Goal for 2010?

F

FB7777

For me , it is to simply ask if there is anything else the customer would like cleaned while we are there.

I have been getting an unusual amount of re-schedules over the past month and to fill the gaps if we can't move appts up, I've been pushing additional work

I know it sounds obvious, but its adding up over the course of a week.

Most times I am presenting the additional work at a discounted "while we are here" rate and closing a good percentage when they inquire about the added work.

Its probably one of the most basic strategies ..." would you like fries with that? "... but I've fallen out of the habit of asking over the years.

WHats on your 2010 wishlist?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I will do a better job upselling and expecially suggesting carpet protector. We now give a demo card with a benefits brochure to every client with our package that we give them after the walk through.

How many of you actually print out your price sheet to give to clients to review while your doing work? I have tossed it over quite a bit lately and think it would be a good ideal. This way they can look it over and see your prices and then ask you to do additional work (if your schedule allows it). I think sometimes they are timid about asking because their putting themselves in a position to have to reject you if they feel the price is to high or they can't swing it at that moment.

If I don't have time then I will tell them to call the office and schedule the additional service and I won't charge them the set up fee to return.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
fred boyle said:

WHats on your 2010 wishlist?

same as last year about this time

be more focused on getting new accounts and try to stay OFF "cruise control"

I still have WAY too many eggs in too few baskets

..L.T.A.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Currently getting some information on having a website built. Doing more interim commercial cleaning with the cimex is a goal.

Fred, I think your idea is great, I've never considered myself a salesman so hold back from a lot of that.

Lefty724

Name
E
Gonna really try and go full time in carpet cleaning for 10'. I have been doing this part time for a year now and am ready to make the jump!

Lee Stockwell said:
Be on time more often.

Here is a funny story. My parents called a painter to do an estimate for painting and trim work. He calls and says he needs to reschedule because his truck is broke down (he had a new Toyota so no way that happened). Then he says he is running a little late and my parents said they were just going to call him and cancel the estimate. I told them heck I call people all the time if I want to sleep in and make something up and this guy is doing the same thing. He may be the best painter for the job. He showed up and they gave him the job for 600 dollars. I told him if it wasn't for me he wouldn't have got the job. So yes I need to work on that as well.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
do a better job at marketing (maybe Big BillY can help me here) :lol: !! Sell more stay beautiful contracts as well.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Implement the things I know will bring in more $$$.

Failure to implement has always been my biggest problem.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Bored to death with what I'm doing, so busy I can't see straight, don't really want to hire anyone I can hardly stand myself most days, drifting along with no clear vision about the future, blah, blah, blah.

So, in short, I would like to decide what the hell I want to be when I grow up and move forward with that plan. Incremental improvement describes every year of my business. I'm sick to death of incremental improvement.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
2010 I will be focusing more and more on water damage and getting as much education as possible on that portion of our business. Hopefully getting a V or AT, and Landing a few more larger commercial accounts.

Oh, and maybe tell Brent that his company name is way to close to mine... NW GO GREEN.... Really?!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
BLewis said:
How many of you actually print out your price sheet to give to clients to review while your doing work? I have tossed it over quite a bit lately and think it would be a good ideal. This way they can look it over and see your prices and then ask you to do additional work (if your schedule allows it). I think sometimes they are timid about asking because their putting themselves in a position to have to reject you if they feel the price is to high or they can't swing it at that moment.

Are you guys listening? This is a really good idea, especially for you folks who are too proud/timid/wealthy to bother with "selling".

Also for those who are going to sell more Scotchgard next year (another great goal) don't forget the magic phrase, "Would you like me to RENEW your carpet's Scotchgard finish?" By just asking your SG sales will double.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Sioux and I are leaving (fleeing) Durban, South Africa today and will be back in Brooklyn Wednesday morning. When they talk about South Africa's street crime please believe them. I was attacked in broad daylight 2 blocks from our hotel last Friday by three young men with a knife. They had me down in the gutter cutting my wallet out of my pants (I thought they were trying to kill me) and Sioux beat them off with the umbrella. She was flailing them so hard they actually dropped my wallet and cell phone and ran away. All they made off with was my business card case. So if I don't return a request you made by handing me a business card lately I have a ready made excuse!

We're fine (I didn't even get cut but my pants are in shreds) even though Sioux was a bit shook up. The reason the punks got me unawares was we had at least fifty people standing within 100 feet. I never dreamed we would be assaulted with so many people around. Even worse, no one said or did anything, before, during or after the attack. I gotta get home to the Dominican Republic. Even though it is a Third World Country with a big petty crime problem the people will still rise to their neighbor's defense and you will never be attacked with a crowd nearby. I'm just glad I could eat a hearty breakfast this morning instead of being fed through a tube!

topnotchman

Glad you and Sioux are okay! I would be really shook up to if that happened. I'd be getting back home ASAP if that happened to me!
Thats another goal for 2010 is to sell more SG. I agree, to just ask for the order, its helped me. I also did a carpet cleaning after a water damage so it was covered by insurance and I just applied the SG and just added it to the bill, and they just paid it. Thats the only situation I wont ask for the order :D

Be safe

Name
Evets
I'm starting a new business in February, and will be spending the rest of the year eagerly awaiting the release of Greg's book.

N

nwhmbiz

If I don't have time then I will tell them to call the office and schedule the additional service and I won't charge them the set up fee to return.

What is a set up fee?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steve Toburen said:
BLewis said:
How many of you actually print out your price sheet to give to clients to review while your doing work?

Are you guys listening?

actually, I did notice that and though it was great idea for many (most) biz models

and I glad you're OK
broad day light and CROWD around...WOW... :shock:

and remind me never to mess with Ms Sioux !

..L.T.A.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the book will not be translated in to South until 2011

My business goal is to build my systems of receiving orders and delivering services better. Build the tech to customer systems better and make more money

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Set up fee.
My line item lists it as
Truck/Equip/set-up fee.

I charge a $25 fee in addition to the package they select. This ideal was given to me my mentor and I like it. It does eliminate a few price shoppers and I have probably lost a few jobs because of it. It was $20 for the first year and we just went up about 3 months ago. This way they can use the set-up fee as a room charge if they don't have enough rooms to reach the package deal.

I do supply the 16 oz. spotter bottle from Jon Dons with our logo on it and the Mrs. Wizard gives them a Mary Kay gift all wrapped up with hand lotion, $20 MKay gift card and business cards from both (This is a BNI thing I decided to do and it is given to first time customers only)

Steve I'm glad you guys are ok.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey P said:
Steve

Go buy a new pair of pants and send the bill to Joe Harper.

My treat!

Glad your ass is still fine.

Mikey.
Gosh, I didn't know you guys cared. Thanks for the good wishes and also for the PM's sent. We are fine and Sioux still thinks my butt is "fine" after 35 years coming up June 7th.

We're in a great little B & B (with armed guards) in Harrismith which is a little town on the way to Johannesburg and everyone assures me it is very safe here. Of course, Jo'burg is probably the most dangerous large city on earth with a murder rate 11 times that of the world's average. We're staying here in Harrismith bird watching for the morning and then driving straight through to the airport! So sad because this is an incredibly beautiful country with (mostly) great people.

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS What is really funny is three weeks ago while we were on safari in Kruger National Park in Northern South Africa a huge acacia tree fell over in a wind storm and crushed our rental car. Just five minutes earlier I was standing where the tree fell. It has been an "interesting" trip.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Steve one of the guys I am writing about in my book did a study on "the Peddie" of land rights and agriculture in South Africa if you want to read it pm me and I will send it over. It is a very interesting read.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom