What's your favorite prespray?

Chads

Supportive Member
Prochem Power Burst is my all time favorate I like judson's but have found that it loses its punch if you dont use it right away and have had to clean carpets twice but it does have a great smell to it and works fairly nice with the modifier I just like power burst because it has never let me down.

S

Smart Choice Glenn

John Middleton said:
I mainly clean wool carpets and love the new detergent by PowerClean Aussie called PowerCleanz.

I used to use Preformance Plus by Prochem but it wasn't their own and they lost it. While they had it, it was WoolSafe approved which was a marketing point for me.

It was slow acting, but with a pre scrub, it did perform well.

PowerCleanz seems to perform better than Perf+ either with or without pre scrubbing.
John

Hi guys,

I'm new here, but see a few familiar people here (hey John).
Have to agree with you, powercleanz is really good stuff. I used to use ultrapac mint, but, the powercleanz not only worked out cheaper but did a great job too. Smells like hubba bubba too :D

Glenn

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was a fan of Accellerated Cleanings Super TLP until Judson's Juice came out.

That's some fine stuff.

I gotta try it with 40 vol. though.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Harry;

Oxidizers should NOT be used on wool fiber.

New wool is off-white.

Oxidation turns it yellow.

A reducing agent helps to reverse the natural yellowing of wool.

I would use it with a neutral pH encap product.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
PM Les and he said that as long as we used the rinse that goes along with it it will leave it nuetral. He also said to test . I always test so I am not woried. Les said there is no peroxide in his product. What it is is Sodium Borate.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Thanks everyone for your input. being I really don't clean nylon, very rarely. I wanted to hear your advice on some different takes on your cleaning of wool. When I do prespray depending on what it is I'll use some citrus solve (Oil). Boost all and buff all just for that added boost. I also use UPS for urine. And so on. I use TLC I also have a new Green Product I dont know the name of it . It did work real well though.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Larry Cobb said:
Oxidizers should NOT be used on wool fiber.
New wool is off-white.
Why not Larry?
After all they use it at the scour to help make it that lovely off-white.
(Our local scour used to buy a 20 foot container of it at a time approx 18 tonnes and that was powerful stuff - at 50% strength.
:shock: :shock: :shock: )

roro

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ross;

The use of oxidizers on NEW wool carpet is barely acceptable.

No wool authority will recommend an oxidizer on rugs in service.

As the wool ages a few years, it will oxidize on it's own.

Then, a reducing agent is the best way to reverse the natural yellowing of the wool fiber and leaves it at the correct pH of 5.5.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom