whats your favorite vacuum cleaner???

matt sheppard

i have a sanitaire commercial that i use, but i think i like my house vac best. an old beatup windtunnel mach 6.1. its got the self propel option which is great. i've used it to teach my 4 year old how to vacuum :lol:

anyone tried the new sanitaire duralux?

matt

Tile Nerd

We have 2 dyson's at our house and love themboth. I also like the one's my clients' use before we get there.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I will admit I don't vac every job, however I can tell if the carpet really needs it usually, and when it does, the problem with the house vacs like the bissel is they can't handle the volume of the crap, the bissel also will clog too. the sanitaire has a huge bag that will hold pretty much anything a house can have in it with one fill. the best vac imo is still a pile lifter, I don't get why people say they don't vac that great, the one time I did use one, I thought geez do I really even need to start the truckmount now.

steampro

Name
Ryan
I had a Sanitaire and loved it. In fact Ive been meaning to buy a new one. Do the ones with the dirt cup perform as well as the ones with a bag? I can tell you I will never get one with a shake out bag again.

Also Ive used a Dyson, the one for pet hair, and I was pretty impressed. I couldnt believe how much crap it got up.

Raedan

We use Windsor versamatics and backpacks in our janitorial business so since I am breaking into the residential arena that's what's in my van.
Our oldest Versamatic is going on seven years and the only things ever changed were the brush strips,bags and filters.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I use a Dyson and love it. However, if I were running crews, or had a helper on the van with me, I'd be hesitant about using a Dyson. You have to be very careful with a Dyson on berber style carpets. Any bad seam or pulled loop is fair game for the brush roller to pull out and make a corn row all the way across the room.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm guilty of that one Marty. By the time you realize what happened it's way too late. Usually, some choice words follow.

DevilDog

Let me help you out here. Now listen up and listen closely. You rank vacuums like you do women...the better one sucks the better off you are...but any sucking is better than no sucking.

So you do NOT need to buy an expensive vacuum cleaner. These guys that buy expensive vacuums are only fooling themselves and wasting money.

The main thing is....USE IT!!!

Buy a cheap one, spend two minutes a day cleaning the filters, use the damn thing, and take the money you saved and sign up for my betting service. You will be so far ahead after a month you'll want to kiss me...even with some tongue.

DevilDog

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
DevilDog said:
The main thing is....USE IT!!!

DevilDog

Dog may be a lot of things-( I will spare the adjectives)-but he is correct about this. I buy and use and recommend the Oreck 8 pound upright. It's durable (survives my van for a few years) and is easy for even an old lady to carry upstairs. The main thing is to use it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The Hoover Mach 6 is by far the best one I have used. I have a Dyson at the cape house and a bunch of other vacs that just are not even close. I actually keep a few on the truck to sell because my custys like them so much

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Oreck and Dyson both do not have height adjustments. This is why there are many law suits with one of the favorite. Beater bar , stiff brush and no height adjustment means trouble.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom