What's your pay scale

Cameron1

I just recently placed an ad for help and got over 40 resumes to choose from. Lots of truck drivers and construction workers applied, as well as several upper management types.

There were also 10 experienced carpet cleaners that applied. Three of these guys stated on their resume that they were earning 45,000.00 plus benefits. One of the 3 stated 18 per hour plus commission, and the other two were straight commission.

I thought this was kinda high, but thought I would asked.

Also,
Do you try and keep labor cost to a certain % of sales?

What benefits do you add to the pay package?

What is your typical starting pay for an experienced lead tech?

How about one with say three to five iicrc certifications?

Thanks

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
steve said:
I just recently placed an ad for help and got over 40 resumes to choose from. Lots of truck drivers and construction workers applied, as well as several upper management types.

There were also 10 experienced carpet cleaners that applied. Three of these guys stated on their resume that they were earning 45,000.00 plus benefits. One of the 3 stated 18 per hour plus commission, and the other two were straight commission.

We only hire non-experienced so we don;t have to untrain them. Every cleaner for us starts as an assistant and all are commissioned. They can make up to 30k plus on commission as an assistant.

I thought this was kinda high, but thought I would asked.

Also,
Do you try and keep labor cost to a certain % of sales?

Beacause all our people are commissioned it is a a fixed % of sales, with various commission levels depending on status, type of work and day of week and time of day.

What benefits do you add to the pay package?

Health, dental, vision, 401k, vacation and holiday pay, MSA, DCA, STD, LTD

What is your typical starting pay for an experienced lead tech?

see answer above, many make 50-70k, a few make high 40's.

How about one with say three to five iicrc certifications?

does not apply

Thanks

G

Never hire experienced techs; Better to get a young guy straight out of high school so you can teach him properly. Last IICRC 24 year old I hired costed me 2 major accounts because he figured since he was certified and all he could clean how he wanted to; Just recently reacquired those accounts.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Starting at $10 an hour, topping out at $15 an hour. A modest bonus/profit sharing program. Wierd thing... We never seem to have enough profits to share... LOL

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I have found RICK is exactly RIGHT......They have too many bad HABITS :evil: :evil:

We try to find CLEAN-CUT young men that are not AFRAID of manual labor......
It helps if they have a young family & NEED to work......
Then I find out what there monthly PERSONAL expenses are? Then I give that as a BASE.
I don't want anyone working for me for less than $400.a week...( we are in the SOUTH)
If thet PAN-OUT after 60 days....I give them 10% of the Gross....over $3000.00 a week.
They DRAW there BASE for 3 weeks....Then get there BASE + there COMMISSON in wk. 4.
CASH bonus along the way...For showing intrest in the BIZ..and Water Damage service CALLS.

If they are STILL here after 1 year....Larger % / NO BASE / "and EAT WHAT YOU KILL"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Employees I generally will pay 25% if they are working alone and know what they hell they are doing.
I actually paid a guy 30% once because he made a lot of money compared to what I expected.
Treat them right.

Subs?... and I only will work with someone exclusively as if they were an employee..they can work for others, but I like to be able to depend on one or two guys...depending on the circumstances I will sub out to others in the event of overflow or emergency...(what the hell is a carpet cleaning emergency anyway? lol)

Subs of course will get more % because they are running their own vehicle and paying for all chems, gas and insurance.
Generally around 50%. If I make more money then I will pass along the spoils...as long as we are all making money in the end, that's what matters.

I am a firm believer of treating people right...whether it be a sub, an employee, a boss, a stranger...you name it.

The only time I am a dick is when I am on Mikey's Board...I don't know what it is about this board that brings out the asshole in me....not like that, Gary...All in good fun Fuckhead. :wink:

Cameron1

"The only time I am a dick is when I am on Mikey's Board...I don't know what it is about this board that brings out the asshole in me....not like that, Gary...All in good fun Fuckhead."

Yelp, this board does that to alot of people.lol

steve r

steve said:
"The only time I am a dick is when I am on Mikey's Board...I don't know what it is about this board that brings out the asshole in me....not like that, Gary...All in good fun Fuckhead."

Yelp, this board does that to alot of people.lol

huhmmmmm

im a dick all the time!

Back
Top Bottom