whefre are all the Mytee EMT units??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
haven't heard from John T for a minute .

There's one other guy mentioned he had one...haven't seen him since popped in telling us he bought one .....and them popped out

David Gargan bought one at auction
You get it installed yet Dave??

and someone give the specs again .
does it have two 3-stage vacs or four??

..L.T.A.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
All I know is gas prices are killing me.

Wouldn't mind having an electromount myself.

I pushed a porty for about 10 years so I have nothing against them.

Low maintenance is a good thing.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Larry I am still here, I have been slammed with carpet cleaning and flood restoration jobs. The escape is working very good for me. For me it is perfect. I have never had to use the booster vac and I have ran 175 foot hose runs. My machine is a Prototype , so mine is one of a kind. I like mine alot. John made changes to the ones out now based on my beta testing. It is a very nice well made machine. I would buy it , if I was in the market to buy a new truck mount. I also really like propane heat so it is a perfect fit for me.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jtuseo said:
My machine is a Prototype , so mine is one of a kind.
John made changes to the ones out now based on my beta testing. .

ahhh..thanks John

how many hours so far??
what kind of problems/issues have you had?
(I'm only ASSuming there were issues ...or why make changes?)

..L.T.A.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I have 200 hours on it, There have been no issues or problems , I just gave my opionion on making it more user friendly. For example , my unit has two pump outs one for carpet cleaning and one for floods. I told him to make only one pumpout for both. Why have two pump outs. Also I recommended the 1000 psi pump. ( for tile cleaning). But I have had no problems no break downs.

Name
John LaBarbera
Ruff Hewn said:
haven't heard from John T for a minute .

There's one other guy mentioned he had one...haven't seen him since popped in telling us he bought one .....and them popped out

..L.T.A.

Hi Larry,

I haven't heard from David since he bought the Escape here on auction. We have just a few out. I want to make sure everything is ok before we get too many out. So far so good. We'll show it at the show in Reno next month.

To answer your questions the unit is 230 volt quad vac. 1000 psi General pump. The newest ones have a 90 gpm pump-out. The unit is 2 separate systems that can be run as one. The bottom part (main) is dual 3 stage vacs.(230 cfm 144" h20) 1000 psi pump, 90 gpm pump-out. 1-230 volt power cord.
The top unit (secondary) is dual 3 stage vacs in series with the bottom unit. 1-230 volt power cord. The machine comes with an adapter that will allow both cords to be plugged into a 3 or a 4 prong dryer outlet. The unit also comes with an adapter for each 230 volt cord that converts it to 2-115 volt outlets. At this point it would use 4-115 volt circuits. $4499.00 is MSRP We are working on a built in cart that will make the ETM portable. Yes, you're right! It's an electric portable. (figured I say it before you do)

John Tusio"s unit is only the bottom dual vac unit. John has been very helpful as one of our beta testers. The adapter system was Les Jones invention that he shared with us. Very ingenious. That ingenuity thing runs in the Judson Family.

Mytee's new web site goes up sometime this week I believe and will have more info.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Interesting indeed. I can't wait for some users to start showing up with comments ... well, let me rephrase that ... I can't wait for the initial Star Wars fans to die off and some real cleaners to start using them and giving feedback. Until the low moisture hacks die out, I will only believe what I see.

So, if anybody in South Alabama buys one, let me know.

randy

Name
Randy
You know the ability to roll that thing into an elevator and clean with it on the 12 floor could really be a game changer. Electric truck mounts are here to stay because gas prices are going to be an issue for a long time. Especially if this no pipeline /offshore drilling POS President gets reelected.

chrissalter

John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Ruff Hewn":que7ejxh]haven't heard from John T for a minute .

..L.T.A.

Hi Larry,

I haven't heard from David since he bought the Escape here on auction. We have just a few out. I want to make sure everything is ok before we get too many out. So far so good. We'll show it at the show in Reno next month.

To answer your questions the unit is 230 volt quad vac. 1000 psi General pump. The newest ones have a 90 gpm pump-out. The unit is 2 separate systems that can be run as one. The bottom part (main) is dual 3 stage vacs.(230 cfm 144" h20) 1000 psi pump, 90 gpm pump-out. 1-230 volt power cord.
The top unit (secondary) is dual 3 stage vacs in series with the bottom unit. 1-230 volt power cord. The machine comes with an adapter that will allow both cords to be plugged into a 3 or a 4 prong dryer outlet. The unit also comes with an adapter for each 230 volt cord that converts it to 2-115 volt outlets. At this point it would use 4-115 volt circuits. $4499.00 is MSRP We are working on a built in cart that will make the ETM portable. Yes, you're right! It's an electric portable. (figured I say it before you do)

John Tusio"s unit is only the bottom dual vac unit. John has been very helpful as one of our beta testers. The adapter system was Les Jones invention that he shared with us. Very ingenious. That ingenuity thing runs in the Judson Family.

Mytee's new web site goes up sometime this week I believe and will have more info.[/quote:que7ejxh]

Your building in 6 order incriments are you not John? Or has production been stopped?

Name
I'm Rick James
The Escape has been on my mind a lot lately.. Need some more real world feedback, there is only a few units out there.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
randy said:
You know the ability to roll that thing into an elevator and clean with it on the 12 floor could really be a game changer.

They make such now, Randy, and have for years
It's called a portable
You can take as many vac boosters as you want too.
The problem is finding enough amps

Electric truck mounts are here to stay because gas prices are going to be an issue for a long time.

here to stay yes .
and I'm not suggesting they're not welcome in the market.
But until they crack the "practical power" barrier they're at, they'll be a niche market machine .
Start-ups, back-up and/or seasonal overflow unit , etc

They're still a glorified porty that isn't portable (and never designed to be)
Not sayin' there's a thing wrong with that, but if an operator want's #4 blower gas TM performance regularly , they'll be running a generator ....cause you'll not find power to go from portymount (dual 3 stage main vacs) to lectromount (powering the pair of additional 3-stage) easily

and if I have to carry and run a gas engine, that stinks up the inside of a van , it should be spinning a blower and pump..not a generator .
Gas TM becomes more efficient use of a gas engine
and the whole package takes up less floor space to boot

whoever breaks the practical power barrier ( two 15amp cords for genuine TM performance)
They'll hold the goose that laid the golden egg.
Cause if it happens, it will be the end of days for the gas powered TM

..L.T.A

dgargan

Almost have ours together. Had to get a van,heater ,reels and all the odds and ends. Ran it in the shop a few times and so far we're impressed

Name
John LaBarbera
chrissalter said:
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Ruff Hewn":28h5xreg]haven't heard from John T for a minute .

..L.T.A.

Hi Larry,

Mytee's new web site goes up sometime this week I believe and will have more info.

Your building in 6 order incriments are you not John? Or has production been stopped?[/quote:28h5xreg]
That pretty correct. Building 25 all together. 7 of those are built and gone plus 4, makes eleven in the field. We are proto typing the mobile chassis at this point. That chassis will add to the "practical " aspect of the Escape. I think the price $4499.00 make the unit very attractive with all it's features. I'll have the unit at Reno and Vegas (Connections). It's also will be at a show in Nashville at the end of June so maybe some will be able to play with the unit at one of those shows.

Name
John LaBarbera
Luis Gomez said:
Hi John... I love the idea of making them portable. But what is your solution to heating the
cleaning solution.
Luis

That is a challenge. Some use propane. At Mytee we are working on a new electric one. A heat exchanger on the truck heating water as one drives to the job is a possibility. I don't know, no single way seems ideal. Perhaps it's a combination of these or other ideas. Keeping an open mind on the solution may yield good results. This whole ETM thing is a work in progress but I think it is very interesting.

chrissalter

John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Luis Gomez":2ic82a61]Hi John... I love the idea of making them portable. But what is your solution to heating the
cleaning solution.
Luis

That is a challenge. Some use propane. At Mytee we are working on a new electric one. A heat exchanger on the truck heating water as one drives to the job is a possibility. I don't know, no single way seems ideal. Perhaps it's a combination of these or other ideas. Keeping an open mind on the solution may yield good results. This whole ETM thing is a work in progress but I think it is very interesting.[/quote:2ic82a61]

Northstar diesel pressure washer heater 250 degrees at the wand. Plus you can still hook it up to your pressure washer. 2 birds with 1 stone. Thanks John I am looking to purchase one.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
chrissalter said:
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Luis Gomez":9o2m2yjn]Hi John... I love the idea of making them portable. But what is your solution to heating the
cleaning solution.
Luis

That is a challenge. Some use propane. At Mytee we are working on a new electric one. A heat exchanger on the truck heating water as one drives to the job is a possibility. I don't know, no single way seems ideal. Perhaps it's a combination of these or other ideas. Keeping an open mind on the solution may yield good results. This whole ETM thing is a work in progress but I think it is very interesting.
Northstar diesel pressure washer heater 250 degrees at the wand. Plus you can still hook it up to your pressure washer. 2 birds with 1 stone. Thanks John I am looking to purchase one.[/quote:9o2m2yjn]

Heat exchangers, diesel and propane fix the problem is the unit is stationary in a truck or trailer... But, if I buy one of this units it is to take it up the elevator to the 12th floor. So I still need to heat the water.
Luis

F

FB7777

I suppose in the rare scenario you describe, an alternative could be to get an inline heater for the Mytee ETM

Keep in mind, no matter what , you will adding another power source requirement. Anything more than the need for 2 separate outlets in a commercial building Would be a PITA

If I was looking at an ETM, I would keep it in the truck, and use my portable for hard to reach stuff like we do now when our Butlers are not practical

Besides, I doubt that the ETM is going to be very "portable' as compared to a 2 wheeled Mytee Speedster

Name
I'm Rick James
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Luis Gomez":2ftgytdr]Hi John... I love the idea of making them portable. But what is your solution to heating the
cleaning solution.
Luis

That is a challenge. Some use propane. At Mytee we are working on a new electric one. A heat exchanger on the truck heating water as one drives to the job is a possibility. I don't know, no single way seems ideal. Perhaps it's a combination of these or other ideas. Keeping an open mind on the solution may yield good results. This whole ETM thing is a work in progress but I think it is very interesting.[/quote:2ftgytdr]

I agree there is a lot of upside to running an ETM...

F

FB7777

Even if gas is $4 /gallon, at most a Butler costs $8 per machine hour

ETMs need propane per machine hour so part of the fuel savings is gone

It will entail more set-up and breakdown

And theres the productivity loss compared to gas powered units

Not trying to bash the whole electro mount concept , I just don't see where saving $3-4000/year in fuel per truck versus lost productivity which equates to more labor hour expense is a good trade-off

If you have more work than time , high performance equipment is the way to go...

I don't see landscapers running electric mowers

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree Fred, and I believe the Butler is more like 1.5 gals per machine hour bring that savings down more. At present price for gas it is about $5.40 per mach hour and at $150-$200 or more gross pmh it is worth it to us to have the power we want all the time with less lost productivity.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I've never tried John L's, but this is what I use. I pulled the 190 - 210 thermostats and stuck in 220 240- nice and toasty. I also cut back flow from 6 to 3. Lose a bit of flow, you gain more impact and the heated water lasts longer, plus dry times improve dramatically. There's a short learning curve, once you figure it out, it's piping hot.

http://www.kleenritemfg.com/products/he ... index.html

Heatrite 2

Willy P

Name
Willy P
BTW - there's no end of things that can be done with electricity, you just have to figure the plugs out (hint - one to stove, one to kitchen counter wall.... !gotcha! )

Timothy

Hello all,
I have been running the Escape ETM for nearly 2 months and have been really satisfied with it, I have been running the dual 3 stage vacs at 150 runs but mainly 100 foot runs gets me to my average home and thats with out the air hog.

I really liked the pump out on the M5+ and miss that but have the flood pumper hook into a 55 gal waste tank, I'm not sure if that can be run all the time so I have to go out and turn it on to empty every couple of rooms,

John L is going to be sending me the top half of the Escape and I will put the quad to the test, so far the Escape has a little more suction than my M5+ due to the direct connect vacs.

I have my van setup with hose reels, fresh & waste tanks, generator for optional gas powered or use customers electric, I find my setup and breakdown are very fast, I will never run my Escape out of the van, I have mine bolted down.

I have 1 home setup for the quad and when I get it I will see how long a hose run I can get with good dry times and will let you guy's know.

John L, can the flood pumper be turned on at beginning of job and left on? I have been scared to do so because I didn't want it to run dry and burn up?

Name
John LaBarbera
Timothy said:
Hello all,
I have been running the Escape ETM for nearly 2 months and have been really satisfied with it, I have been running the dual 3 stage vacs at 150 runs but mainly 100 foot runs gets me to my average home and thats with out the air hog.

I really liked the pump out on the M5+ and miss that but have the flood pumper hook into a 55 gal waste tank, I'm not sure if that can be run all the time so I have to go out and turn it on to empty every couple of rooms,

John L is going to be sending me the top half of the Escape and I will put the quad to the test, so far the Escape has a little more suction than my M5+ due to the direct connect vacs.

I have my van setup with hose reels, fresh & waste tanks, generator for optional gas powered or use customers electric, I find my setup and breakdown are very fast, I will never run my Escape out of the van, I have mine bolted down.

I have 1 home setup for the quad and when I get it I will see how long a hose run I can get with good dry times and will let you guy's know.

John L, can the flood pumper be turned on at beginning of job and left on? I have been scared to do so because I didn't want it to run dry and burn up?

Hi Tim

The pump out has a water level control switch. So yes just turn the on and off switch to on. You will not hear it turn on until water is extracted and as the water level raises in the vac tank the pump out pump will pump it out.

Timothy

John LaBarbera said:
Timothy said:
Hello all,

Hi Tim

The pump out has a water level control switch. So yes just turn the on and off switch to on. You will not hear it turn on until water is extracted and as the water level raises in the vac tank the pump out pump will pump it out.
Outstanding! that will make my cleaning even faster! Thanks John.

dgargan

I did not get a water tank yet. Can it just gravity feed to the reservoir without a transfer pump?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom