when a ramp just wont work for you.............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Is that for when you have to replace your blower?

I thought you didn't use your RX-20 anymore.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian L said:
Is that for when you have to replace your blower?

I went back to using my RX...It just does a much better job..a very noticeable difference..and hooked up to that big blower it is a whole different machine.....It was just getting to me lifting that thing in and out of the truck 3 or 4 times a day...the floor comes up to almost my waist and you have to clear the bumper at the same time...so you almost have to swing and pitch it up there....a ramp won't go between the frame and if I have to keep picking one up and sliding it in the back of the truck...might as well just pitch the RX....plus there are some areas that I get into that the grade of the drive way or room will not allow a ramp....with this 12 volt lift...this should never be a problem....now I can really consider the cimex that I have been putting off........

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Brian L":17ac336d]Is that for when you have to replace your blower?

I went back to using my RX...It just does a much better job..a very noticeable difference..and hooked up to that big blower it is a whole different machine.....It was just getting to me lifting that thing in and out of the truck 3 or 4 times a day...the floor comes up to almost my waist and you have to clear the bumper at the same time...so you almost have to swing and pitch it up there....a ramp won't go between the frame and if I have to keep picking one up and sliding it in the back of the truck...might as well just pitch the RX....plus there are some areas that I get into that the grade of the drive way or room will not allow a ramp....with this 12 volt lift...this should never be a problem....now I can really consider the cimex that I have been putting off........[/quote:17ac336d]

Cheaper than a lift gate.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This whole thing was just over $200.00

I already had all the wire and connections that I needed laying around....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Damn i have been thinking about one of those and getting rid of my ramp....

whats the weight rating??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
floorguy said:
Damn i have been thinking about one of those and getting rid of my ramp....

whats the weight rating??

fully extended it is rated at 500 pounds..the way I have it set it is rated at 1000 pounds

the lift..which is sold separate is rated at 2000 pounds of pull....

The hoist had a manual crank on it and I removed all of that and add the 12 volt lift and lower winch

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got to a job yesterday and the grade was at a steep angle...it unloaded easy but when I went to put it back in the line wanted to tangle and bind up because of the angle...so I moved the winch to the mounting plate and added the boom extension with the cable guide no matter what the angle it will winch back up with out any problems.....so if you decide to do this..don't mount the winch so it is hanging..setting flat works best......

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hogjowl said:
When I get too old to load an RX-20, I'll hire me a helper.

One with ass enough to get some lift.

I have to improvise.....I just can't see a helper any where in my near future...

hogjowl

Idiot™
Me either. I was just picking at you.

I doubt I could find a helper as anal as I am and might have a nervous breakdown trying to train him.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
that things got Cimex written all over it...

Nice

Yep..if you notice in the different pictures I removed one of my shelf units and made a big hole for on I have my eye on................

WISE

I had almost the exact set up in my box truck. Got my welder to make me the hoist pole and arm to swing out with a winch on it to unload dehus.

I took it out after about a month. The damn thing was so slow, by the time it lowered one dehu to the ground, the building was dry.

Prolly should have just replaced the winch with a faster one...

WISE

John Buxton

I mounted a winch on my Savanna a couple years ago. Inside the rear doors in the center just for getting the cimex in and out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom