When Badgering goes BAD

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I think we all know here that it's the PERSON who makes the job great more than the equipment. You can have a good piece of equipment, like the Badger, in the wrong hands on the wrong rug, and SHAZAM - rug disaster.

This rug came in from a competitor (big franchise down the street from us - trained by IICRC trainers...) - and the comment was made when we asked "what in the hell happened?" - Answer - "It was badgered."

Badgeredrug1.jpg

So my mother will fix it... but we won't be able to keep them from doing it again. They've got a pit, a Badger, and some very incomplete training - so I'm sure we will see them a lot more in the coming months.

Lisa

Rug Chick post: Good Equipment + Bad Training = Rug Disaster
http://www.therugchick.com/2010/08/good ... -disaster/

rhyde

Name
rhyde
LisaWagnerCRS said:
They've got a pit, a Badger, and some very incomplete training - so I'm sure we will see them a lot more in the coming months.

if only they joined ethicalservices.com

Cameron1

rhyde said:
LisaWagnerCRS said:
They've got a pit, a Badger, and some very incomplete training - so I'm sure we will see them a lot more in the coming months.

if only they joined ethicalservices.com

They did knuckle head......why do you think they are fixing it?

DUSTY

Dusty replies.

Lisa.

This is a great thread about the "pit-falls" of Badgering rugs.

I will certainly make it stronger point (with my clients) to use TYVEK on the back of rugs that are suspect and even use it on less sensitive rugs as then the fringes or edges cannot get scuffed up or worse. I will even take it a step farther and put a warning label on the RugBadger that it be used with a big piece of TYVEK placed between the back of the rug and the underside of the RugBadger.

This will ensure that the vibro-straps cannot hurt a rug and at the same time still allow you to get all the energy into the back of the rug to remove the soils that your clients are paying you to remove!

Regarding Badgering VS using any other type of a vac we feel that the RugBadger will always outperform.
I did a video when we first developed our Rugbadger proto-type over 6 years ago and put it head to head against a sanitaire vac. Here you can see clearly that a RugBadger outperforms a vac and this was only one of our early models, the newer RugBadger Pro model performs even better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXdoBMIynEI

Thanks Lisa

Dusty
www.rugbadger.com

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Good post Lisa, and great reply Dusty.

I see this happen when a cleaner buys the latest "dry tool" for upholstery cleaning, especially when they go to a class where the instructor endorses the tool as a the solution to all of the student's cleaning problems.

Or, to be fair, the student INTERPRETS the instructor's commentary as a "This tool solves it all" endorsement.

The fact is that no upholstery tool (or rug dusting machine) will inspect the textile for pre-existing conditions that could cause them do be damaged by cleaning.

When a cleaning tool eliminates the human factor in cleaning, then perhaps we can worry about the "big and well financed" companies taking the market away from the smaller operations that still make up the lifeblood of our industry.

So far, it seems that we are safe from "smart tools and machines".

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
looks to me like someone sucked the rug in to the badger because they were careless around the fringe.. seen it happen with vacuum cleaner too.

Lisa, I hope you or your mother makes some money on this repair.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think Sweeney is right, some careless tech was probably the one processing the rug, damaged it and went told his boss the Rug Badger did it.

The Badger is an aggressive machine, if the rug is delicate maybe it shouldn't be Badgered? However that rug looks like it was damaged not because it was delicate but because someone wasn't thinking.

We've had a badger for years and never damaged a rug yet. It does take some common sense to run one, something this guy was definitely lacking in.

P.S.
Dusty quit spamming me, I've bought one Badger, I don't need a second, when and if I do, I'll contact you.

-JB-

Name
JB
ahhh, the manual labor one can afford for .75 a day, those were the good ole days uh boys? :roll:

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Thanks Dusty for the Tyvek tip - that was new to me... I already sent it off to my rug list and Piranha list, because I know a number of them have your machine.

Lisa

Bjorn

Re: When Badgering goes BAD
Posted By Randy Hyde on 8/16/2010 at 3:07 PM

the damage is somewhat perplexing to me and not as simple as running a badger of the end honestly it looks cut to me

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Odin said:
Re: When Badgering goes BAD
Posted By Randy Hyde on 8/16/2010 at 3:07 PM

the damage is somewhat perplexing to me and not as simple as running a badger of the end honestly it looks cut to me

Yep - they are perfectly clean cuts. All along one end, as it got pulled up into the unit.

What's good is that with no real loss of knots, it will be relatively easy to make the repairs disappear.

Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom