When it rains it pours.... suggestions needed

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Did some tile & grout cleaning and carpet cleaning this morning which of course we had to cross a wood floor with a darker finish on it. And even though drop cloths were put down over the hardwood, one of us managed to drip 3 drops of prespray onto the wood and one more area where the hose drug a little across the finish. Of course when I tried to wipe up the spots they all show up like sore thumbs. She said she uses bona products on her floors and that she would go over them. If that doesn't take care of the issue what suggestions can you offer up for me to try to touch up these spots.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
More or less, after wiping it 2-3 times with clean damp cloth it was more like just a dull spot, satin looking not glossy like the other

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On fire damage furniture we used wood creme restorer and it take the white right out. I'm not sure if it would work on wood. If it just cut the top finish, what if you heated it with a hairdryer and buffed it?

Reactions: BLewis

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
Did some tile & grout cleaning and carpet cleaning this morning which of course we had to cross a wood floor with a darker finish on it. And even though drop cloths were put down over the hardwood, one of us managed to drip 3 drops of prespray onto the wood and one more area where the hose drug a little across the finish. Of course when I tried to wipe up the spots they all show up like sore thumbs. She said she uses bona products on her floors and that she would go over them. If that doesn't take care of the issue what suggestions can you offer up for me to try to touch up these spots.

Sounds like she uses Bona Floor Polish, not just their wood cleaner. The Bona Floor Polish is an acrylic polish, which a high pH cleaner will dissolve, leaving a dull, cloudy spot.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Bona Kemi wood floor refresher semi gloss. you can get it at Home depot, Lowes, or Bed Bath and beyound

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks guys, I'm sure she uses Bona Polish as well as cleaner. I've used cleaner before so I'll pick up polish and have it ready.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
On fire damage furniture we used wood creme restorer and it take the white right out. I'm not sure if it would work on wood. If it just cut the top finish, what if you heated it with a hairdryer and buffed it?

Mom taught taught me about the Mayonnaise trick for drink rings on wood tables : )

Miss her alot!

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom