When it Rains it Pours

ascrubabove

On my way to my first job this morning, setting at the light in the turn lane, and some jackazz slams into the backend of my van! Asked him what happend, he said he didn't see me, then he said he wasn't paying attention, then he said he thought I was moving :?:

One door opens but won't shut and the other won't open. I think he just bought me another van! The TM is ok and nothing else seems to be hurt other than my back and neck seem a little sore.

Name
Nate W.
That FKN sucks bro... Sorry to hear that.... That happened to mom and I about 6 months ago... Mom has nerve damage in her back now... :evil:

ascrubabove

His insurance company called me on my last job and said to get the estimate and bring it and the van to thier office. Don't have any work in the morning so I'll get it done then :evil:

Name
Scott
Same thing happened to me. I showed invoices for a company I had used to do the jobs I couldnt when my van was getting repaired. They gave me $2400 just for the accident, repaired my van, gave me $1000 to fix my lettering since they had to replace my back door and repaint the whole back and part of the side to get it to match. They also gave me 100% of the money I paid out to the other company plus another 20% on top of that for profits I missed out on. That was Progressive that paid that out. It was quick and easy. Make sure you take those steps if you have to and good luck.

ascrubabove

Recieved the repair check yesterday, $3,807.84, adjuster called the day befor and asked if I could get a rental while the van was in the shop, I told her that they don't rent CC vans, and had to explain in great length how it was a entire biz bolted down inside the van and I would be out of income for the week as well as my helper! She said she would contact her manager about that, but she didn't think they did lost income! I asked her if I needed to get a lawyer :evil: I have yet to hear back from her!

Chris A

Name
Chris
ascrubabove said:
Recieved the repair check yesterday, $3,807.84, adjuster called the day befor and asked if I could get a rental while the van was in the shop, I told her that they don't rent CC vans, and had to explain in great length how it was a entire biz bolted down inside the van and I would be out of income for the week as well as my helper! She said she would contact her manager about that, but she didn't think they did lost income! I asked her if I needed to get a lawyer :evil: I have yet to hear back from her!

Ouch, sucks dude. Have you checked with local distys to see if they have loaner vans? Some do, some don't...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chris Adkins said:
Have you checked with local distys to see if they have loaner vans?

what for??

It's winter time.
I'd much rather take a week off and get paid for jobs I didn't have anyway.... :lol:

..L.T.A.

ascrubabove

I tried sun-belt usa (2hours away) and other major distys (3-4 hours away) they all said it was too much of a liability but would be happy to rent me a portable :twisted:

ascrubabove

Check came yesterday for my week vacation! Mighty nice of them to see things my way. I'm commisioning my helper on it so he gets a paid week off too 8)

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
they will pay for lost income we was out for 2 weeks same thing happened
just ask they will pay a reasonable amount

Back
Top Bottom