When should I choose encapping over HWE.

hanks75

Don't know much about encapping, but there seems to be situations that can arise that is better address encapping as oppsed to HWE. What are those scenarios, if any. Thank you

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Use encapping for commercial glued down.

Better results that by using HWE from my experience.

Mikey P

Administrator
.when the carpet is not greasy or pissy
.when kids do not play on the carpet
.when the price needs to be kept low-er
.when you want to haul ass
.when the carpet needs maintenance cleaning instead of a real flushing or in between "flushings"
.when they need you out of there asap
.when noise is a deal killer
.when access for hoses or your truck is a deal killer
.when you want to make $300+ an hour and not wear out your TM
.when you can be sure the carpet will be vacuumed with a beater bar vacuum the next day or so

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I usually say for commercial only, but Steve Smith nearly choked me when I said that at MF-6, so as Mike mentioned above.

When it's the better option on Mike's list over HWE. :mrgreen:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Personally, Steve not withstanding, encap cleaning is ONLY a commercial carpet system.

And, Mikey pretty much gave the perfect answer to your question.

A

amazingcleansc

i dunno. i encap my house all the time and it never gets dirty.

hogjowl

Idiot™
May be that's because you do it all the time.

Let me come extract it and see how much foam I get out. Even with quality products like Releasit, Vacaway and Crystal Dry you get foam in the tank when extracting aftewards.

Not to mention the tip blooming I KNOW is there despite you predictable denials.

A

amazingcleansc

hogjowl said:
May be that's because you do it all the time.

Let me come extract it and see how much foam I get out. Even with quality products like Releasit, Vacaway and Crystal Dry you get foam in the tank when extracting aftewards.

Not to mention the tip blooming I KNOW is there despite you predictable denials.

Martin... how much after are you going to hwe? set some rules. In all fairness, it should take a couple vacuumings to get the encap crystals out, right?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Listen my friend. I have one of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail locations on a quarterly maintenance schedule. This Golf Trail is routinely listed within the top 20 top golf locations in the world. The local Clubhouse that I serve is listed as the second best location on the Trail. They are VERY maticulous not only on how often they vacuum, but in the quality of vacuums they purchase. The golfers are always bringing in grass on their shoes so they have to vacuum three times a day. Even with all that vacuuming, once a year I have to rinse the carpet from the encap solution. When I dump my water there is foam all in it.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that stuff vacuums out.

A

amazingcleansc

hogjowl said:
Listen my friend. I have one of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail locations on a quarterly maintenance schedule. This Golf Trail is routinely listed within the top 20 top golf locations in the world. The local Clubhouse that I serve is listed as the second best location on the Trail. They are VERY maticulous not only on how often they vacuum, but in the quality of vacuums they purchase. The golfers are always bringing in grass on their shoes so they have to vacuum three times a day. Even with all that vacuuming, once a year I have to rinse the carpet from the encap solution. When I dump my water there is foam all in it.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that stuff vacuums out.

what product?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Martin... how much after are you going to hwe? set some rules. In all fairness, it should take a couple vacuumings to get the encap crystals out, right?

you guys and your vacuum out the crystals BS

I have a commercial place I have been vacuuming and encapping on a regular basis. I HWE'd it the other day. I plugged my filter some much it was just stupid the crap that came out of the carpet

John Watson

Well Steve, I hope yyou will tell us more.

You pulled out all that crap, Did the carpet look any better or different when clean and dry than when you were finished encapping it?

What style and typr of filter ya using??

You still gonna encap??

SteveSmith

Doc Holliday said:
I usually say for commercial only, but Steve Smith nearly choked me when I said that at MF-6

What?????

I have never promoted encapping residential!

What I do promote is using encap products when PAD or BONNET cleaning.

Two totally different things there Doc! ;-)

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
The nice thing about encap is its unique ability to remedy situations other methods didn't. It sells itself when you're the third or forth cleaner to try, the first one to think a little outside of the box, and the only one to make the problem go away. Over the years we picked up quite a few accounts that way, encapping the problem area only one time. It worked great, removing things like drink and mop bucket spills, and it didn't foam during subsequent visits.

We've been using encap products for twenty years. We don't do much straight encapping but we do a fair amount of residential and commercial pad-capping. Never seen or heard of a single problem related to encapping or encap products left in the carpet.

While it might cause foam in the waste tank, in the carpet, it continues to do what it was designed to do, encapsulate dirt.

Back in the day, we used to refer to it as the Poor Man's Protector. It provided some level of protection against resoiling. Theory held dry soils stuck to the remaining encap, not the carpet. Wet soils mixed with the encap residue, drying and encapsulating at least some of the soils

If it's not causing a problem and affording continued resistance to soiling, I'd suggest that's a benefit, not a problem.

DavidVB

10 - 12 years ago we switched a lot of accounts from HWE to straight encap with a Cimex. One account was a manufacturing facility where we cleaned track off areas monthly. After about 31/2 years (40 cleanings) I rinsed those areas and got virtually no foam. I got a lot of dirt but no matter what we did those carpets were dirty. The carpet looked best by far with encap. Most carpets don't get 40 cleanings from cradle to grave.

As to whether it vacuums out, we did an office late at night, out in the middle of a warehouse once that was trashed. We went back about a couple weeks later to clean other areas and they asked us to clean that warehouse office again. They had not vacuumed it and when we pre-vacuumed, we could see the carpet come clean with each vacuum stroke almost like pulling a wand back. I can't say that vacuuming gets it all out, but no one will convince me that nothing vacuums out.

I totally agree about the tip blooming comment. It is vigorously denied, but every time a new OP pad comes out it is the solution. Now a new OP machine is coming out and it is touted as the solution. Why is every new product considered a solution when the problem supposedly doesn't exist? When you can actually see damage to a cut pile at times, how much damage is done that the naked eye can't see. They are fine for level loop but we are back to using our 2 speed rotaries when we want to remove more soil.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have found that encapping patio homes for retired people works a lot better than HWE. These floor plans are 2 bedroom and a living/dining room combo. Every one that I see has the same problem - traffic patttern through lr/dr into the mbr. I have tried every method and combo of methods. The one that looks best and stays cleanest looking the longest is encapping with a brush, it some how comes out better than scrub/TM HWE. There are a few food/drink spills and dark worn traffic patterns.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom