When to retire?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
My number is 70 (years old) . I don't have a money figure, I'm just going to stay in the game to see our plans thru. I could have retired at 55. I'm 64.
But I'm an office guy at this point.
That's the number I am looking at too , though I am a couple years ahead of you. My wife is 5 years younger than me and that would put her at 65. She has been nudging me a bit to retire now, but I still enjoy the work and it gives me something to do.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
i have plans to invest as much as possible in the next 15-20 years I have left working hard. I always want to work but I never want to have to.
If tsla bitcoin and amazon pay off I will be ok if 2-3 fail I will have to adjust my lifestyle some at the end lol

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well, This July I'm heading to Orlando to take my family to Disney World. Then off to Clearwater for four days on the beach. @Mikey P , let me know if you want me to drop by the St. Pete Ronald McDonald Houses and see how our work is holding up.

Name
Nate W.
It's our last family trip before Devon takes off for UC Santa Barbara. We're also thinking of moving to Florida and want to check things out a bit.

A few Boomers here bought a unit in FL.. Their property tax was 3 times higher than here, but no income tax.. They didn't do their research before buying the unit, which couldn't be rented out, only owner-occupied.. The husband (retired Air Force) with his job that he had a private job on standby to fly him wherever he wanted, chose to stay in HI for a few years longer.. They ended up selling their house for a pretty penny at the peak of the Real Estate boom here and moved to FL.. He mentioned the No-income tax made the property tax a wash for him, but had to give up the private jet privileges leaving HI..

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom