When was the last time you ruined a rug and had to buy it?

Mikey P

Administrator
What was it, what did you do wrong, how did you attempt to fix it, how did you handle the customer and how much did the mistake cost you in time, materials and a potentially lost client?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have spent so much time cleaning a few that it would have been much cheaper to just buy them a new one and trash the old one.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
It was a 10 x 14' silk and wool rug that I treated I also treated the sofa that was on top of it when I am moved the sofa and left carbon street from the legs so when I tried to clean the carbon streaks with a solvent they didn't come So I had to go for broke and steam clean those carbon streaks out. Long story short she wants $6500. I turned it over to my insurance. Oh I forgot to tell you that the carpet carbon streaks were completely removed and the carpet look perfect.
It only took about an hour and 1/2 , treated the customer with kids cloves.
She totally freaked out.

Last edited:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Not a rug but a suzani embroidery.

This was about 7 years ago; I had a bunch of olefin rugs in for cleaning so I let my helper wash them did a good job too. Anyway he finishes the last rug and keeps going and grabs the suzani off a table nearby (wasn’t on the wash pile) bleed the colors out then comes and asks me for help.:hopeless:

I was able to improve it but not to my or the owners liking. It was a 6-800 textile and not too hard to find the owner though it was worth in the 1,200.00 range so I said let’s make it an even 1,500.00 I still do work for this person, their business and other family members. Between personal and their business I probably did 30K worth of work for them last year a good return on my 1,500 investment.

The employee didn't last!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Never bought a rug. I did have to buy a matching set of wing chairs for $850. Customer called a week after cleaning saying one chair was ruined. I went to inspect. There was a 4" to 5" cut like a box cutter or razor would make. I knew that was not from cleaning. They demanded to replace both chairs in the set. Cost me $500 and insurance paid the balance.

Talked with another customer who worked at the furniture store. She tells me this family had come in about a month before wanting to exchange the used chairs for a different color. The replacement was the color they wanted. Hmmmm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom