Where can I get a used blower?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
The blower in my White magic commander is making an aweful noise and forcing the oil out. Any body know where I can get a used Roots 45 from? The machine has almost 6000 hours on it so I don't really want to put $3000 into a new one.

Thanks!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you can scoop 'em up on Erape sometimes........I've GAVE two 45's away so far.....
jus a suggestion.....47's are usually interchangeable...
wit a little plumbin'..............
three or four years ago i bought TWO brand new in the box Roots 47s.....for 500 bones...on Ebay.....
but THAT'LL never happen again :evil:

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I can't remember the name... the heat exchanger shop down in Texas...

They have used, rebuilt, and rebuild (and claim they can fix anything) blowers.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
IDK know if they are that much - pretty sure my roots disty priced me out at $2800ish for a 59 - i'd have to guess a 45 would be less.

They completely rebuilt my 59 3 weeks ago for $1700, and that included time to remove it from the machine, put it back in, and then laser align the blower to the direct drive coupler. I'm thinking the actual parts and labor just for the rebuild was $1400

You might find your local roots distributor and give them a call - you might be surprised how cheap it is to go that way if you can get it out and back in.

You may even want to call around to several roots disty's to see if they have a rebuilt one stocked. They may even give you some $$ for your core.

Good luck!

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi:

When we have extra's we sell our rebuilt #4 blowers for $800/w/exchange w/warranty. I do not presently have any extra, but I do have an extra good used Roots 4.5 I will sell for $550 + about $100 shipping. Or add a drive shaft bearing & seal for an extra $50.

Sincerely,
Dale

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Dale, are all the roots 45 blowers the same? The reason I ask is because my water pump bracket has to mount on top of the blower so the holes have to be exactly like my blower. Also can you e-mail me pictures so that I can see if it's an exact fit? My e-mail is jim@precisionsteamcleaning.com

Thanks for all the replies!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom