Where do your employees place the money?

T

Tony Reyes

I currently Run My carpet cleaning business out of my garage. At the end of the day my carpet techs leave the Invoices and checks /cash on desk. Sometimes I cannot be present when they arrive. My Concern is that if some cash came up missing it would be difficult to hold them entirely accountable, theft from other employee coming in after them etc..I trust my guys. But I do not want to be naive. How do you folks handle this? Thanks
Anthony Reyes

Ron K

If you can't trust them then how do you know they put the correct amount in? Or gave you the correct amount to begin with? Do you call the customer and ask how much they paid?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We have a safe in the office. that has a drop slot like a night deposit at a bank. They turn their envelopes in if I am not there.. The cleaning girls sometimes forget, so they say.. Or I'll come to their house, or have them come to my house to get the money, if im worried about it, or need it right away to shop with!!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
That is possibly one of the only good reasons for billing a customer for work done rather than instant pay off. Eliminate all possible financial risk on behalf of your employees.

But the negatives in this type of business are much to long to list.

Yet it works great for Flooring Retail.. ha go figure.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Just have the employee put any cash in a sealed envelope and attach it to the paperwork. Each employee can have a hanging folder or large sleeve folder that has their name on it. They put their paperwork in, the paperwork is hidden from plain view and is unlikely to be taken by another employee.

Take CC numbers instead and you'll rarely deal with cash.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Brian R said:
I like Steve T's take on trusting employees.

Steve learned the hard way. Wasn't it Ronald Reagan in the disarmament talks with the Russians who said, "Trust but verify"?

Those of you who would trust your employees with your life (and the economic welfare of your family) should ignore this link. The rest of you who like your employees (I did too) but recognize that the majority of people today are "amoral" as in don't have a strong moral center (otherwise know as a "conscience") might want to check it out:

http://sfs.jondon.com/2999/resources/sp ... ur-company

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS It gets back to "making it harder to steal than to stay honest". In other words take away the opportunity and always, always subtly and gently remind your employees that they WILL be held accountable. How? Two words: MYSTERY SHOPPERS! (Now you don't need to download the free manual!)

Name
Lee Stockwell
"Doveryai, no proveryai" in Russian, or "trust but verify" was a Russian proverb borrowed by President Reagan to both make a point, and get a bit of common ground while negotiating a treaty with the Soviet Union.

G

George V

When I was multi-trucking i'd have the tech leave payments inside the clip board and lock the van w/ keys inside.

Then, i'd use my spare to get the goods.

Unfortunately, the call volume dropped now I'm back to single trucking again...

Damn! I hate that when that happens!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom