Where is Steve Toburen??

B

Bill G. Martin

Is Steve stateside or home in the Dominican Republic during the Hati crises that is unfolding?

Terrible tragedy.

Bill in Central Florida

Name
Lee Stockwell
Much of the relief for Haiti is being staged in the DR. Putting together details I know, I'm guessing Steve is at least knee-deep in helping, either in person or on the phones.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Bill G. Martin said:
Is Steve stateside or home in the Dominican Republic during the Hati crises that is unfolding?

Terrible tragedy.

Bill in Central Florida
Hi Bill,
Thank you for thinking about me. With our usual great timing last week we returned to Santiago from an almost three year stint in the States care-giving Sioux's 85 year old parents. (They have both passed away over the last year.)

When the earthquake hit our house shook pretty hard but appears to not have sustained any structural damage. I haven't seen any severe damage here in Santiago either and haven't heard of any casualties locally.

You are correct, Bill. The situation in Haiti, while always bad, has now turned horribly ugly. The suffering there is beyond belief or really even human comprehension. We have many Haitian friends here in Santiago and they are beside themselves with worry since there is virtually no communication from the country. Many have already left to look for friends and loved ones.

After the Tampa SFS next week (plus Sioux and I are temporarily care-giving a 92 year old friend here in Santiago) I may be on a re-construction team involved with rebuilding homes over there. As we learned during our relief work after Hurricane Georges here in 1998, once the immediate life-saving rescue work is done it is better to evaluate and plan the rebuilding work instead of just plunging in.

Steve

PS My thanks again to the many who have written concerned about our welfare. Sioux and I are fine and our prayers are with the Haitian people.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm glad to know you are OK Steve.

My father called me as soon as it happened and asked if I knew where you were and if you were all right.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The thing I like most about Steve...he doesn't just talk about world problems, doesn't just send a little of his disposable income, he goes out and DOES something about it. He makes a difference personally in the lives of those greatly disadvantaged.

That's a step most just don't take.

I admire you for that Steve. Thank you.

Take care,
Lisa

Chris A

Name
Chris
truckmount girl said:
The thing I like most about Steve...he doesn't just talk about world problems, doesn't just send a little of his disposable income, he goes out and DOES something about it. He makes a difference personally in the lives of those greatly disadvantaged.

That's a step most just don't take.

I admire you for that Steve. Thank you.

Take care,
Lisa

A man among men. Stay safe Steve!

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
yep, there is no getting around the fact that Steve is an amazing person

despite the constant sales pitches :p

thanks for update

Name
Steve Lawrence
Glad to hear you are okay, Steve. Best wishes for helping to deal with the aftermath of this tragedy.

Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom