Where to get cheap printer ink cartridges?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thomas C. and Dave Y, were telling me the other day their tricks on obtaining ink cartridges fairly cheap.

If either of you and the rest could chime in on how you go about this would be great, i've been spending a mere $40-$60 bucks on color/black(2) cartridges once a month on printing w/ my HP Photosmart, not sure the exact model right now, but it's a pain.

If you're printing say large quantities of flyers and newsletters, is it better to purchased an used cheap printer and use an ink cartridge for that printer which will probably be cheaper as well? I thought someone was telling me about that the other day.

Any pointers will be great.

Regards.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
WalGreen's drug store refills black ones for $10 and color ones for $15

They guarantee them to print and test them first. If they fail, they give them back to you with an apology and no charge.

Funny thing is that mine almost always fail.

But they always print. 8)

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
There are a few places around here that refill and sell refilled cartridges for about 1/2 of what it costs for a new one. Unfortunately, my printer is a Dell and somehow it knows not to accept a refilled cartridge.

I used to use a local ink refill shop and they'd reload my Epson cartridges for about $6 each. New they're about $20 - My printer takes 6 cartridges.

When the local "Ink Paradise" (a franchise) went out of business, I use ink4u.com, they're in the San Francisco bay area. Great prices and they often will do specials, like buy 2 get the 3rd free.

Also consider the Staples reward program. They give you percentage back annually for ink purchases.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks for the links.

I've noticed on ebay there's quite a few of them. Some as low as $1.99 for refill kits(30ml) or more.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Rather than refill, I look for printers where you can get "generic"( not OEM but new) cartridges.
www.pricewatch.com is one, www.meritline.com is another I have had good luck getting inexpensive ink thru.

Also Dave was telling us about a continuous fill available for many printers, you would need to ask him for more details but I believe he said they were available for most Epson printers.

TLC

Back
Top Bottom