Where to get cotton OP pads?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Jeremy has micro-scrubs. John G. has Glads. Anyone got plain cotton pads?

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
What machine are you wanting them for? Orbitec (800-528-1376) has some thick cotton terri pads that work great for a rotary, for op they work good when using them dry but when they get
really wet they will not stay on the machine. They get heavy when they absorb a lot of moisture which is why they don't stay under an op very well. but they are my first choice for a rotary.

Reactions: Johnny

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What machine are you wanting them for? Orbitec (800-528-1376) has some thick cotton terri pads that work great for a rotary, for op they work good when using them dry but when they get
really wet they will not stay on the machine. They get heavy when they absorb a lot of moisture which is why they don't stay under an op very well. but they are my first choice for a rotary.
Thanks, Jeff. Need them for an Orbitec Brute. I'll call Clark.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The brown ones (unbleached) or the off white ones (cotton polyester & microfiber blend)? The brown ones are great pads but like was mentioned above they only run on 1 side. Once wet the wont stick. Last I checked Clark was sold out... He may have more now though. The off white are good towels too. A bit more aggressive than the brown but not quite as durable. Way cheaper though...

The MicroScrubs are great too... Try a case.

Last edited:

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Please forgive my ignorance, and if my crazy idea is unworkable, but I'm a bit of a redneck and a tightwad.

Couldn't one sew a small group of highly absorbent towels in the size they want for a lot cheaper?

My daughters do swim and I picked up some of the $2.97 towels at wallyworld (27x52"). They are great!

It appears I can fold it over to make it sufficiently thick and then sew it and trim to fit.

I sewed some baby diapers and other thick things before and those worked well.

Again, please if this is a stupid idea, say why:) :).

Thanks!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Please forgive my ignorance, and if my crazy idea is unworkable, but I'm a bit of a redneck and a tightwad.

Couldn't one sew a small group of highly absorbent towels in the size they want for a lot cheaper?

My daughters do swim and I picked up some of the $2.97 towels at wallyworld (27x52"). They are great!

It appears I can fold it over to make it sufficiently thick and then sew it and trim to fit.

I sewed some baby diapers and other thick things before and those worked well.

Again, please if this is a stupid idea, say why:) :).

Thanks!

Not crazy at all. It would only be crazy if you did not put lots of thought into it before you start. After all that is how they are made .

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Not crazy at all. It would only be crazy if you did not put lots of thought into it before you start. After all that is how they are made .

I've never seen multiple-layered cotton o.p. pads. All the versions I've used over the years have been heavy single-layer with a hem.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've done the folded towel bit many times, with the towels you mentioned. It works, but the multiple layers are hard to work with in practice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom