Which cleaning would you prefer?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I am bidding on a fairly large commercial job in which I plan on using encapsulaton with a Cimex and releasit. The other company i'm bidding against plans on using HWE with a porty followed by a low moisture cleaning (I'm assuming their low moisture cleaning is probably a post pad with a bonnet). I'm fairly new to encapsulation and this would be my first job using this method. Which do you think is a more effective method? porty with post pad or encap with Cimex? Just trying to decide if I should dust off the porty and rewrite my bid or recommend they use the encap method.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I will obviously learn and get comfortable using encap prior to the job. I also have a porty and floor machine and can offer the same service. I'm just not a big fan of portys and am in the process of expanding into encapsulation for commercial.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
A good porty followed by a floor machine will do a better job (particularly actually removing soil) than encapsulation alone.

It will take a lot longer and be more work though, so you will need to charge more. Encapsulation will give you a price advantage.
Why not offer both options at a different price.

Apples to apples right?

Becker

Name
Becker
I always bid jobs with confidence and a system suited for the job.

What does the job suit, and as a client perspective do they know the difference between a ecap process vs a porty bonnet cleaning?

They want price, results, detailed bid, and a guarantee.
Perhaps some references

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
kolfer1 said:
A good porty followed by a floor machine will do a better job (particularly actually removing soil) than encapsulation alone.

It will take a lot longer and be more work though, so you will need to charge more. Encapsulation will give you a price advantage.

Apples to apples right?

I was actually going to write a separate bid mirroring my competitors. Since I dont have past experience with encap I just wanted to get some opinions.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Becker said:
I always bid jobs with confidence and a system suited for the job.

What does the job suit, and as a client perspective do they know the difference between a ecap process vs a porty bonnet cleaning?

They want price, results, detailed bid, and a guarantee.
Perhaps some references

We were actually referred to this company by a past client and that's how they contacted us, so they know we do quality work. They do not know the difference between encap and porty. I felt encap was more suited do to the size of the facility 20,000+ sq ft and the carpet is only 8 months old with very light soil.

Becker

Name
Becker
I felt encap was more suited do to the size of the facility 20,000+ sq ft and the carpet is only 8 months old with very light soil.

Heck, Pick the quickest method that will get the results.

Bank the job..

How did they get alerted of the other company? You seem to really have the inside edge... I never get inside info on others submitting bids.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Becker said:
I felt encap was more suited do to the size of the facility 20,000+ sq ft and the carpet is only 8 months old with very light soil.

Heck, Pick the quickest method that will get the results.

Bank the job..

How did they get alerted of the other company? You seem to really have the inside edge... I never get inside info on others submitting bids.

Thats what I'd like to do. I think the other company does the cleaning for their corporate offices. They want to give us a shot because we were referred.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's not one of mine is it?? lol
Good job on Google by the way.

I'm not sure I would give them a choice. Do what is good for the carpet and charge the right price.

They will automatically think the cheaper one is not getting it "as clean"...whether it is or isn't.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Brian R said:
It's not one of mine is it?? lol
Good job on Google by the way.

I'm not sure I would give them a choice. Do what is good for the carpet and charge the right price.

They will automatically think the cheaper one is not getting it "as clean"...whether it is or isn't.

Actually it is.....JK!

Thanks although im sure its only a matter of time before you bump me out of that spot.

I didnt plan on giving them a choice. I'm hoping for them to just let me determine what its going to take to get it clean. After doing lots of research it seems that encapping with the right equip and chems is a good choice for commercial purposes. It also allows me to be much more competitive on price.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
kolfer1 said:

Apples to apples right?

Any suggestions on price per Sq Ft for a porty followed by post pad cleaning on 20,000 sq ft? Probably 14,000 is cleanable, very light soil. Seems like I always get underbid on commercial HWE thus my reason for switching to encap.

lance

You could always porty clean the traffic lanes and then Cimex encap the whole job. Or prescrub the TL's with the Cimex and then porty clean.

Either way make sure the TL's are looking good after the job. If light soil then I bet a good vacuuming before starting would also help to get good results.

Any way to use your Butler TM with 2.5 inch hose? Great choice for a machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom