Which ozone generator should I get

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Can't say anything about the other, but I have the TZ-2 - 4 years, no issues, works like a charm, and has taken loads of abuse.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer we have 7-of this 2-gram a day model and 2-of their 4.5 gram a day model and 1-of the 8.5 gram a day model they no longer sell the those large one. We've been buying them for more than 10-years, they work great.

The only Con is that they do require maintenance, plates need cleaning after a couple of uses so they produce maximum ozone. They sell a cleaning kit that comes with extra plates too.

http://www.rainbowaire.net/product/Rain ... 600-II.cfm

I have a couple of the maintenance free ozone machines and they work ok but don't compare in ozone output. They maybe be ok for infrequent use but when you need the some serious output we use the Rainbowair units.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ofer Kolton said:
Larry,
What do you like better about that one?
Better design high-voltage transformer, resists arc-over,

glass tube dielectric is easy to remove, and clean thoroughly,

filter for incoming air flow.

Used in a lot of "ozone rooms", that run for many hours.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sonozire has been around forever, at one time nearly ever restoration company had one or several of their units.

It's the first unit we bought back in the 70's, we use to have 5-of them and they work fine. You'll see a lot of them on trash compactors to keep the odor down. However unless someone is maintaining them, they probably are not doing what they are suppose to be doing. :mrgreen:

My only problem with them is their technology has not changed since the 70's. You take the cover off and you have a big box with a small fan glass tube and electrode and transformer. Pretty simple but it works.

I think the newer ozone units put out more grams per hour and are more compact.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you all, I really appreciate it.
I was hoping for a consensus winner........... but no luck :mrgreen:

I guess it is like agreeing on what is the best upholstery tool :p

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Michael, it’s a great morning. 2-4 inches depending on location. Wish the job I got called out on would be a paying one. 3” of water - no insurance - and broker than me… Thanks for your suggestion on the machine. Amy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom