white cotton couch.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
glass of cheap red wine hit the floor and splashed on the white cotton couch......

I can remove it from the floor in my sleep..but never have ran across it on a cotton couch before.....

any ideas......

Mikey P

Administrator
If it's fresh, a week oxidizer ( 3%) will get it out if you can put it outside while you work on the carpet..

Then flush the oxidizer out.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If you still use Haitian Cotton Shampoo, use it as your preconditioner and the wine should come right out when you extract it. Think of it as cold coffee.

I've had good luck with 3% peroxide, too. Just don't use anything stronger.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Don't go stronger than 3% on cotton.

I'd prefer to go straight for some 50:50 Releasit and then if any remains, a light misting of coffee/tannin treatment and it should be gone - SAFELY without risk.

and I don't need to man handle it outside.

John

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would go right at it with a little club soda then wait to see if it loosened if it didn't then I would warn the owner then blast it with prochem 2 part and wait then suck and if thet didn't work go to hel gel

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree with Jim Pemberton.
Any of the white cotton cleaners, I usually don't use the shampoo but the powder dissolved in hot water.
Are you also cleaning the entire sofa?
If yes, I'll spray a little of the mixture (maybe slightly more concentrated) before and let it dwell a little and then clean with the white cotton (haitian cotton etc.) cleaner. Remember they are all acid boosted reducing agents so if you feel tempted to use the peroxide, do it first, as the reducer if used first, will neutralize it.

Good luck Jim

M

Mr Carpet

I've seen a light mist of stain magic make wine go away like well, magic.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
thanks for the help.......I may have to find away to rent some sun shine because we are cold cloudy and rain all week....

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'd hit it with a reducer, then reducer and some steam, then stain magic, stain magic and iron. Keep uph. tool close and rinse before every step. Watch closely.

Albert

M

Mr Carpet

Stain magic does not need heat. Stain magic w/ heat can cause bleaching!!

Most of the time it will take out wine instantly. If not cover it with plastic after treatment and give it some dwell time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim Pemberton said:
If you still use Haitian Cotton Shampoo, use it as your preconditioner and the wine should come right out when you extract it. Think of it as cold coffee.

I've had good luck with 3% peroxide, too. Just don't use anything stronger.

I don't think it came out perfect but not to bad for my first try......

the rusty color was everywhere on the couch and I could not get a single on to budge....but I did manage to get 99% of the wine out and the client was very happy....

I owe you a drink Mr Pemberton....

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3953.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

T

The Magician

Good Job Jim. I would have tried 1 more treatment. I used stain magic and it took 3 treatments to memove,

Back
Top Bottom