White magic garage sale

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
There is a guy on craigs list that says he went to the white magic garage sale and bought a truck load of stuff. New blowers were 600 and heat exchangers were 200-300. Type in carpet cleaning in western mass. He is selling all this stuff. It was posted april 4

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Lyman:

Please, if you can post a link? I can't find the add.

Sincerely,
Dale

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Thanks Lyman:

He has 2 blowers left but wont ship......

Dale

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Fred or crowly can't be that far from him. Try to find someone on the board to get you one and ship it.

West

Name
Clint
So here is the real deal with the ad posted. I actaully went down to White Magic, a couple of weeks ago. I brought a trailer down with me and bought a half built slide with new blower and 27hp Kohler motor, vac reel, stainless lines, etc... This guy is nice, but utimatly only has a few items left. He worked out some sort of deal with the scrap guys to sell some stuff he knew had value. Some one in our industry missed a huge chance on this one. Scrape metal guys bid on all of the inventory and littlerely just cleared all the shelf inventory (including all the proprietery stuff) and sorted it in dumpsters just for the metal wieght, and just like that White Magic was gone. It was actually really sad. Had I known there was an auction, I would have gone and bought the whole thing.

West

Name
Clint
Yes that is correct. Everything, including all speciality parts that where made/fabricated for all machines slide ins and direct drives went into the scrap metal dumpsters! I witnessed it, very sad.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
So What parts are actually exlusive to white magic? I just bought aq white magic rebel. I knew they were out of business but I figured that most parts were not proprietary .

F

FB7777

back in 2001 when I was looking into either white magic or butler I toured the WM Salisbury MA facility...

it was an absolute dump with very little inventory

I can only imagine how much worse it became after the CFO robbed the company of half a million dollars

West

Name
Clint
Yah, Butler and White Magic"s factories where night and day different. But remember White Magic actually made everything on site, as apposed to Butler sourcing it out. Which made for a totally different atmosphere and cleaniness. Butler's and White Magic's are about a similar as they get, but I have to say the pro1200HV really trumps the Butler's and the standard pro1200's.

As far as propritery parts, not sure how much is. I know on some of there slide in the manifolds a propritery. Probably 95% of everything else is not, but its the 5% that could be bad for a lot of people. You could always have people fabricate what ever you need? But that could and can be a pain and expensive.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i have the BEST machine shop in the whole world......if someone had a spare WM front end kit .........i could build them for NEW chev vans..........
i have PLENTY of drive shafts left!

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I'm with West, manufacturing is messy. Actually I was quite impressed by the upstairs machine shop that White Magic had. And Paul Richardson the owner, was a real gentlman. Anybody else here get there start in a machine shop, like myself? I started in a hardwood flooring machine shop. Talk about messy...see www.flooringinspector.com under the company profile page.

Sincerely,
Dale

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom