White Magic pressure problem

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
A buddy of my a couple towns over has a white magic commander HP. He did a flood job and turned the switch to water recovery and started the job. Went outside and the machine was steaming.

Now the machine only will only go up to 300-350 psi.

Where do I start? pressure reg or pump seals is my guess.

These things are a pluming nightmare.

Thank You

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
There is a possibility that the nut behind the pressure knob vibrated out and is keeping the knob from being turned in far enough to increase the pressure. Mine has backed out a time or two.

Other than that, it sounds like the unloader or regulator is damaged. Even in water suck mode they will still overheat with the heat not running through the exchangers. Poorly designed machine.

These things ARE a plumbling nightmare. Knock on wood, mine has not let me down in almost 4000 hours, but it has alot of quirks about it. Will I be buying another one? Ah, no.

Greenie

All it would take is for a an engine exhaust Diverter to not fully close on a water extraction and you will boil the remaining water in the HX to live steam over a period of 20 mins. easily, that steam may have very well worked it's way back to the regulator/unloader or pump head....cooking the pump checkvalves.

It is the downside to diverted hX designs, and yes White Magic is a plumbing nightmare, I am straightening out one as we speak....lordy...what were they thinking, a pic of this rats nest would make you roll your eyes.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I guess I will start with the pressure regulator.

Next time I guess he should hook up water and turn on the pump and run a dust downer.

When I looked at this machine and tried to figure out the pluming it made my brain hurt. The person who made this thing had to be on LSD to think this is a good system. I guess they never tested the machine on a flood job.

He can't complain too much cuz I got him this machine for 7K with only 70 hours on it.( machine, tank, reels, hose, fresh water tank) Some druggie CC that dad bought the machine for cash decided to sell it. I made sure it wasn't stolen and we ripped the machine out before he changed his mind. If I would of had 7k I would of bought it and sold for more but he was looking for a machine and had cash. Maybe karma will be good to me this year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom