White Magic Pro 1200 help!

Ok, I'm going to ask you all to put on your thinking caps for a bit here. I'll try to explain the problem as best as I can, but first here is some info you'll need to get an idea of what i'm working on.

Equipment:
White Magic Pro 1200 with #5.6 Roots blower in a Chevy Express 2000 (bought brand new in 2000)

Problem:
The problem started about 3 weeks ago, when I noticed i was loosing power as I was cleaning carpet. The machine would die down then come back, and it would do this periodically when there was a load. So I checked the belts in the machine and they were loose and worn out, so I bought 4 new belts and replaced them all using the proper replacement sizes. Well, about 2 weeks later, the machine would bog down and screech really loud under a load. I immediately turned off the machine and did the following work on it:

Replaced belt tensioner pulley, checked the 4 belts, replaced serpentine belt, cleaned Roots blower with 1.5 gal. of kerosene, checked all oil (they were changed less than 100 hours ago), cleaned top filter (also cleaned within the last 100 hours), and topped off grease.

It will only bog down and squeal when under a load. Sound seems to be coming from the blower area, but it's hard to tell considering the sound echos throughout the entire van, so it may be coming from anywhere.

If you have any info that can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time and input.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Have you checked your relief valve? Could be sticking...

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Remove the BLOWER belts.....

See if you have ANY play in the blower SHAFT.....?
Could be the bearings in the blower...HEAT-UP and lock-up....

KEROSENE.........WTF.... :roll:

ps Get a 1 inch dowel...Stick one end on the blower & one end to your EAR...while unit is in operation......This will allow you to HEAR the internal workings of the blower... :idea:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HARPER said:
Remove the BLOWER belts.....

See if you have ANY play in the blower SHAFT.....?
Could be the bearings in the blower...HEAT-UP and lock-up....

KEROSENE.........WTF.... :roll:

ps Get a 1 inch dowel...Stick one end on the blower & one end to your EAR...while unit is in operation......This will allow you to HEAR the internal workings of the blower... :idea:

they sell mechanics stethoscopes at harbor fright....good for catching bearing going bad BEFORE any damage......
NEVER use KEROSENE.......you'll stink up the place forever....clear water is the ONLY thing to clean a blower with.......(no NOT soapy water)....then run to dry and a squirt of WD-40...gals also at harbor fright!

White Magic Pro 1200 fixed!!

Ok, first I'd like to thank all those who posted for their help. I did check the relief valve and cleaned/ lubricated it with 3 in 1 oil. Didn't solve problem, but at least it was clean. Had a mechanic put his ear on it and it wasn't the bearings. Finally, figured out the belts, although not loose, were not tight enough. Tightened them and the machine sounds great.

yenchu

Scrubbin' said:
As with most of the posts in this forum, there is a lot of helpful information presented. However, through trial and error, I too have found that the "easiest" place to start is often the simplest. It's one thing to have invested a lot of time in chasing "what if's", but it is a lot worse if you're also needlessly spending hard earned money! Everything about life is an education, but I truly have found that it is best to believe in "K.I.S.S" (Keep It Simple Stupid)! shiteatinggrin

Cynde

Dallas Carpet Cleaners

i agree!!!KISS:)

riodad

Very old topic but looking to solve a similar problem on same machine. Mine would bog down whenever wand valve was released. Thought it may be the unloader valve failing but turns out there was a pinhole leak in a pressure hose and if trigger was pulled the leak was just a trickle. With valve closed it would pressurize and spray on the belts causing them to slip. Took a while to locate but replaced hose and now it's good as new!

White Magic Pro 1200 with #5.6 Roots blower in a Chevy Express 2000 (bought brand new in 2000)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom