White sheep skin rug.

How should I tackle this?

I have an idea, but wanted some feedback first.

IMAG019012.jpg

IMAG019112.jpg

Haitian cotton shampoo misted on the rug first, then hand cleaning with horsehair brush, and rinsing with low pressure and upholstery tool was going to be my cleaning method.

Name
I'm Rick James
danielc said:
Haitian cotton shampoo misted on the rug first, then hand cleaning with horsehair brush, and rinsing with low pressure and upholstery tool was going to be my cleaning method.

Ive never had a problem cleaning them....just do a post groom on it and dry it quick.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Haitian cotton cleaner is an acid side cleaner with sodium bisulfie.
It will counter act the release of dye from the seed of the cotton and will also generally brighten the fabric.

Why the need on sheep skin?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Sheep stand around in the rain a lot.
Wet cleaning wool is not a problem just use a wool safe product and get it dry fast.

Dupont makes a protector FOR WOOL, would seem to make sense eh ?

I don't think I am going to mess with this one.

I called a dry cleaner, and they said they would have to send it to a leather cleaning service. Cleaning the wool is not a problem. The leather backing is what I am worried about. I don;t want to shrink the leather.

I think the best solution will be to find a cleaner that specializes in leather clothing etc. and have her take it to them.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I kinda of think they are fun to clean, but each one demands a different type of wash. And yes the leather sometimes has to be treated a little differently.

I can mist fine fabric prespray, use a wool safe shampoo, and rinse with low pressure, hand tool, and a rinse agent. Will that be as good as taking it to the specialty cleaners?

The leather backing is not dirty. The fibers are a little soiled.

Now I think I can do it just fine as long as I don't overwet the rug, groom it, and dry it out.

Experts what should I do?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom