Who has a Genesis ?

harryhides

Name
Tony
I have a 1999 Genesis 59 and I'm a mechanical idiot so it woulf be nice to know who else has this machine for tips, pointers, warnings and good modifications.

Mine has run very reliably for close to 4k hours, just changing out the original afterburner which sucked for a John's HX unit.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I bought the first (and still the only) Genesis 59 SS NXT into New Zealand back in late 2004.

Absolutely love it.

I ran that machine myself and put my tech into my old unit until we did another upgrade this year. I then picked up a small Legend XL for an unbelieveably low price new and put it in a smaller van for me to run around in without dring the larger box van.

The olny thing I've done to tweak at all, is add GG's. Looking at maybe adding a Bayco valve but still out on a decision. I never run it at full power for most of its running so can't see the need to spend mon ey getting better performance when I could just lift the revs another 2-300 revs.

John

mrcarpetcare

Genesis

I have had a Genesis 56 for 4 yrs. Mine has 4000 hrs on it . Has been fairly reliable . Had to change a electronic module last yr cost me $1100.00. Overall I can't complain . I had a powermatic that had something wrong with it for over 3 yrs, till I couldn't deal with anymore.

minuteman

I have Genesis 56, picked it up on E-Bay for $600.00 it was a basket case. Was in a fire in a truck in upstate New York. Put $5k into it and I love it . The only things I didn't have to rebuild where the blower and the 56HP Ford Industrial Engine everything else is brand new and I did it all myself with a lot of phone help from Power Clean. So if you have ???? just ask. Greg

Matt King

I had one, it's gone now though. I could still help with anything on that particular model if someone needed it. I'm not sure about the older units with the Ford engines. Mine had the EFI Nissan. I loved the power it had! That's one thing I'll really miss. Other than a different relief valve, there really wasn't much to tweak. Just start it and go. I believe they have a new pre or post heating system that allows for some pretty high temps and flow rates. I didn't have that on mine though... I'm gonna miss it!

minuteman

Hi , Well guys I know a few things about them. On the relief I'm not sure which way I will go yet . If any one has a front panel for a Genesis 56 I would like one . Merry Xmas's! Greg

Greenie

If you are single wanding off a Geni, you don't "need" a Bayco relief valve, just make sure your stock one is lubricated and working well, and make sure she will pull 15" solid on a 59 or 16" on a 56.

Your biggest restriction is the vacuum hose you clean with, followed by the wand.

brocksdad

My step dad has one and if he and his cronies can't break it no one can. You have a tough machine

genesis

love my genesis easy to maintain great customer service 500 hrs so far dont know of anyone in my town with about 50 horsepower of tm power,,,,,,,

minuteman

Greene, I dual and I single wand. How would a Bayco help ? I have my machine set to 15Hg's and the pop off is locked down all the way, I do not have a tack on the engine yet so I'm not to sure about the rpm's I'm turning but I never take it to full speed anyway. Thanks, Greg

brilea

I have a Gen 56 I bought it used 10 months ago it had 4550 hrs on it. I have replaced the belts, changed the oil added some anti freeze to the rad., maybe a little grease and put 1150 hrs on it. The only problem I have is the float sticking up or down in the reservoir and sometimes my temp takes forever to get hot.

Greenie

The Bayco won't help in single wand, cause you got over engineering on your side as it is, it will help in dual.

Also that 15"hg releif setting isn't that big of a deal in single wand, once again over engineering on your side, if anything run out two hoses to one when single wanding that will get you some bang.

Get the tach, then we'll chat relief valves.

What does a new control panel cost from PC?

Back
Top Bottom