Who has the very bestest carpet cleaning manual?

Name
Matt Middleton
In your opinion, and what makes it better than the others?
Back in the day the manuals "More Answers Than You have Questions About Carpet Cleaning" Vol. 1 The Product Vol. 2 Procedures. Written by Jeff Bishop. They were the grail of how and why its done and why its works.

Of course manuals these were before the internet. Back when cleaning knowledge was hard to get. Though dated they are still relevant.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Back in the day the manuals "More Answers Than You have Questions About Carpet Cleaning" Vol. 1 The Product Vol. 2 Procedures. Written by Jeff Bishop. They were the grail of how and why its done and why its works.

Of course manuals these were before the internet. Back when cleaning knowledge was hard to get. Though dated they are still relevant.

Jeff’s books were an incredible resource at the time. While a bit dated now, they are still on my shelf

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
A book by IICRC instructors West and Williams was my first manual.
I forgot the title and their first names.
I Wish I still had it.
A new updated Manual would be nice.
Are you selling one @Jim Pemberton?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Well, that too!

I think a good carpet cleaning manual would need someone with the best current carpet fiber and manufacturing information, a background in cleaning chemistry (not "MUS" ....."Made Up Stuff"), and considerable application experience in both HWE and VLM.

A collaborative effort would yield the best results.

Of course, then the problem of "who still reads?" comes up too.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
Well, that too!

I think a good carpet cleaning manual would need someone with the best current carpet fiber and manufacturing information, a background in cleaning chemistry (not "MUS" ....."Made Up Stuff"), and considerable application experience in both HWE and VLM.

I'm/ we're on it...

Name
Nate W.
Well, that too!

So would you still agree that carpet doesn't wear out, it ugly's out?

From latex issues and sprouting tufts to sunlight degradation that seems to be still a concern..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
So would you still agree that carpet doesn't wear out, it ugly's out?

From latex issues and sprouting tufts to sunlight degradation that seems to be still a concern..

"Wear", as defined by the carpet manufacturers, is a loss of face weight, not appearance.

That distinction created most of my inspections back when I performed that service. It is also why I got out of doing inspections.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom