Who here does NOT keep a moisture meter on their truck?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Started using a version Brampton sold in the 80's. It amazed people when you could pinpoint urine deposits while standing up, or water that traveled under a carpet that felt dry to the touch on the surface.

The one in the auction looks much better. I know a Wet-chek will work too....but when you get 60 plus it's better to not have to kneel.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I bought one when I took my IICRC class because Steve Andrews made it look so cool. I actually use it quite a bit. Sometimes when the UV light doesn't pick up the urine spots I can find them with it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Tell me, why do urine spots still register as wet long after the dog pissed there?

Yes. All of these probe tools are actually just continuity testers (ohmmeter) with either a buzzer or light output.

They will register with moisture of course, and where urine salts have been deposited.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mine is Lie Detector II! After I learn fee fee don't pee indoors.

I ask which person does then.

FredC

Village Idiot
Two more up for auction!

70_hydrosensor.jpg

HydroSensor II

<tbody>
</tbody>

70_hydrosensor.jpg

HydroSensor II #2

<tbody>
</tbody>

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Tell me, why do urine spots still register as wet long after the dog pissed there?

urine never dries completely...salts can sit there "dry", and as soon as you have a bit more humidity they collect moisture..So it will act as a wet spot most of the times.

Back
Top Bottom