who here has experience with

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Galaxy tab?

I was wondering if anyone has one and use it for on the go internet, business accounting, invoicing, presentation to future customers (videos,slideshows,powerpoint types...)

To me it looks like a better alternative to Ipad.

A little bit smaller -which I like! Seems like it has got all the features of an Ipad and more!!
Its android based -also like that- its more open to apps that the "apple stuff"

I could cancel the unlimited web data plan on my blackberry- that would save me $25.00 a month and sign up the Galaxy tablet for unlimited web for $30.00

So anyone with real life experience??

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was playing with one just yesterday at the sprint store...very cool and very clear for reading and graphics.

I could see it working very well but I don't know it's capacity.

I'm leaning mor towards the Mini laptop because you still get 100% internet and the full features of a 2gig computer...and it's got GPS and a webcam built in.

Neither can be used as a phone...but that's not a problem.

I like the fact that the laptop closes...the screen is bigger and just being able to type on a keyboard that is really not much different from my PC in my office.

But again, the Tab is really cool...oh and it's a touch screen of course so thats a good and bad think IMO.

Ryan

For $500 you can get a pretty nice laptop. I like the android software the galaxy tab uses.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have a good laptop from dell....I just like the size of this one and the built in online feature

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Once you actually own the Galaxy or the iPad you can give a review, these comments about "i think" does not give the reader any good info if you never owned one. You need to use it more than just at the store to give a qualified review.

I have 3 pc laptops, 2 blackberries, iPhone, and iPad. I would not replace my iPad with a mini laptop or real laptop, it takes too damm long for once to boot up on the laptops, the battery on the iPad is unreal, I drove to Charlotte 7 hours drive non stop while listening to Pandora and by the time I got to my destination it said 89% left. I can close/open the screen within a second, can't do that w/ the laptop if its off. Once you actually use a laptop in the field it gets old fast. I like laptops for the office, for mobile/travel I would only use the iPad (or galaxy).

As mentioned in previous threads i use the iPad for presentations, internet, google maps (as my gps instead), and service monster for work.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just an opinion on my experience and my thoughts...I didn't say either was better than the other.
sheesh.

RickL

I'm with Bill I have the Ipad and it's lightning fast. One of the uses of my old smaller laptop and now the Ipad is for when I'm cold calling commercial accounts on the spot pics,testimonials,mini presentations etc. With the laptop by the time it booted up and the program you wanted opened I had lost the customers interest (this is when cold calling not with a scheduled appointment). With the ipad it's immediate.
Downside is it's really not a home computer if you do a lot of stuff on it such as spreadsheets, data files, etc. Yes you can get them done but not in common software and I imagine it would be somewhat trying. Don't know about the galaxy but if you get one give us a review after awhile.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Me being the bdcc I am I paid 250 for the new nook color and rooted it into an android tablet. It is very similar to a galaxy now except no GPS and wifi only. I tether it from my Droid. Love it. And it is cheap with no contract!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the galaxy I saw today had a key board cradle that you could get for it. so if you need to type a lot you could just get that and have a full key board. It was pretty compact. I could see how people could think its cool. a neighbor of mine won an ipad, he told me it was that cool when he first got it. now he has a second one and just loves it. says he would buy it again in a second.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom