Who here has the oldest truckmount still in daily use?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Bob Foster said:
Curious who has it and what it is and its history.

I don't think it matters who has the oldest. What counts is how many hours said truckmount has been working cleaning carpets, upholstery, tile and grout, sucking up flood water on restoration jobs, pressure washing..etc..

You could have a 5 year old unit used more and producing more than the boutique carpet cleaners 20 year old unit with a only a 1000 hours on it.

The real question is- who has the truckmount with the most hours on it WITHOUT major parts replaced? (engine, blower, pump, "heat source" parts)

Bob Foster

I realize that might be important too but I was looking to see the oldest model still going on a daily basis. I don't care how many motors blowers or pumps its been through.

John Watson

I know its not the oldest but till yesterday was in use daily, we have a 1988 Jem shaft drive that shows 3800 hrs I think. New Hr meter in 99. Forth van. When new in 88 had a E250 with a 6 banger for power. In 90 it was reconfigured to fit in a 90 E 250 with a 351 V8.

I bought it in a basket after the owner tried to sell truck and unit for 12,000. Didn't sell so he pulled the unit did 1,000 in rep to van body plugging holes and replacing the eng dog house and sold van for$8,000. I believe he was offered $9500 for the unit but stood by his guns and didn't take less than 10,000 Go figure!!

In 1999 I had it installed in a 92 E 350 with a 351 V8, a perfect swap, put in by the Manufactor. Was going touse as a spare/back up van. Our daughter liked it better than her slide in pro chem. In 2002 or 3 hadit installed in a 97 E 350 with the V8 Vortex eng. Major adjustments were needed to accomplish. Manufactor again (4th Time) installed. Drive shaft swapped sides of eng. pump moved to oppisite side.

This van and unit is now for sale. Price depends on what new owner wants with it. Possible turn key with Power vachose reel, 120 gal freshie tank, RX 20 Grenhorn wand 12" 175carpetscrubber, uph,tile and grout, Leather, drapery repair-restretch tools all included. Or will piece out if no one wants all my toys.. We will be listing this and all our other stuff shortly every where we can.. All must go, No reasonable offers will be declined.

Please note that it all the orriginal parts Al waste tank, #4 blower/Silencer Hawke pump are stillin use. I am on the 3rd heat exchanger.

[ /b]

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

My friend Ray Clarr in Dunlap TN has a Judson that he bought used from Scott Warrington. But who know's with Scott's money he may have made a gift of it! It is an early 1970's model that is used not very day, but at least every week, and has many 10,000's of hrs on it.

I have helped Ray do some repairs on it. All the componants have been changed out on it but not the frame/tank. Scott can verify this is true.

I have also bought/rebuilt/sold some systems that held up just as well, made by 2 companys Bane, and Butler. It's all about using stainless steel. Only problem with a Bane now is, it's hard to make money on them.
Thx,
Dale

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have my Cleaning Technologies slide-in with 23,715 hours. It is 27 years old. It runs better, and has more power in all departments, than the day it was new.

I bought it new in 1984, modified it in 1984 (larger silencer and added a separate muffler for the Onan 20 HP motor and routed the engine exhaust through the floor and under the van, to a separate sports car muffler, which exits in front of left rear wheel well).

Modded again in 1989 to run dual wands, including adding a second recovery tank, over-driving the Roots #45 blower, over-driving the Cat pump for more flow, and changed all the internal pressure lines over to 3/8" ID to accommodate more flow, and added a dual wand pressure manifold to the front panel.

More mods over the next 12 years, and in 2001 added a large LP boiler to replace the Little Giant 3HT. 3 years later I added our 220,000 BTU LP heater that we designed for our electric truckmount.

Just replaced the original Roots #45 3 years ago (original blower had 20,000 hours on it - would have lasted longer, but it lost the crankcase oil, and fried quickly), still using the original Cat 290 pump, and, the machine is now powered by a Honda 24 HP air cooled motor.

The main aluminum recovery tank is original (repaired twice over the years).

The machine frame is 2" square steel stock, not SS. The frame is as solid as the day it was made.

It is now ready for it's third van, which will include a good cleaning and painting, and a new marine grade 3/16" aluminum recovery tank with APO's.

There is no reason why you can't keep your truckmount for many years of hard use, if it is properly designed to be very reliable and easy to work on.

Every part on the machine is replaceable.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have a Dynachem we are using in house cleaning that is over 30 years old.

Original aluminum recovery and fresh water tanks.

Original blower, but the engine and the pump have probably been replaced.

I'll have to take some photos of it working and post them.

A customer has one that is about 10 yrs older and still working.

Larry

John Watson

Don't mean to nit pick Who here has the oldest truckmount still in daily use? if it was used daily it would surley have more than 1000 hrs...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
John Alzubi said:
I got late 1070s Prochem with 1000 hours on it. the label says Professional Chemicals.

Late 70's with a 1000 hours: that breaks down to about 30 hours a year!! So that's like 1 job a month for 30some odd years... I don't think that counts as a daily use :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom