Who makes the best grout color seal?

Name
Lyon
I'd like to ad color seal that I can give a 10 year warranty with. I'm looking at grout perfect but it's $225 a gallon and $3,299 for a large starter kit. I'm going to advertise with EDDM hoping to get a decent ROI

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've always had good results and excellent customer service with Grout Perfect.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
eeeek! I wouldnt be giving away any 10 year warranties.
Grout perfect is good, Aquamix is real good, color clad.

Its like asking which is better coke or pepsi?

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Shortly after I learned about Mikeysboard this seemed to be one of the really popular new service add-ons that received tons of buzz. I was surprised with how quickly it died down. It may have been due to a high learning curve, high startup costs, or other issue. If I recall, some cleaners were running into issues with the color seal being blochy, pealing after a short period of time, difficult matching colors, etc. and then there was a usual in-fighting and the ageless "ask a question with no answer" endless debate (like now) about which product is better..

Shane is 100 % correct however. A ten year warranty is over the top. I know you want to project confidence in your product and service. Maybe a 12-18 or maybe a 24 month warranty max? (even that long makes my stomach queezy) That way you can give the customer peace of mind that the product is quality and you confidently stand behind it, and there is some protection for them to invest in your services and justification for paying higher prices for your services.

Being on the hook for 10 years doesn't sound like a good business decision to me.

Bill

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
The best colored grout sealer is TekSeal with S-Type colloidal dyes. The problem is nobody knows about this stuff. I am hoping that Mark Markovic can get Cliff over at Rotovac to sell and market this stuff. Maybe someone on this board that has some pull with suppliers can make this happen....

Interlink sold it for awhile, but only offered a few colors, and never really promoted it.

A supplier that starts to sell this stuff and market It hard till word gets around will make a killing.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
Shortly after I learned about Mikeysboard this seemed to be one of the really popular new service add-ons that received tons of buzz. I was surprised with how quickly it died down. It may have been due to a high learning curve, high startup costs, or other issue. If I recall, some cleaners were running into issues with the color seal being blochy, pealing after a short period of time, difficult matching colors, etc. and then there was a usual in-fighting and the ageless "ask a question with no answer" endless debate (like now) about which product is better..

Shane is 100 % correct however. A ten year warranty is over the top. I know you want to project confidence in your product and service. Maybe a 12-18 or maybe a 24 month warranty max? (even that long makes my stomach queezy) That way you can give the customer peace of mind that the product is quality and you confidently stand behind it, and there is some protection for them to invest in your services and justification for paying higher prices for your services.

Being on the hook for 10 years doesn't sound like a good business decision to me.

Bill

I believe the guys who offered a warranty had it in writing that they needed to maintain the floor with annually or bi-annually cleanings...

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Lyon
I'm going with "this old grout", a local cleaner I know has been using them for years and they can match almost any color

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom