Who pays to have better visibility on Angie's List?

Name
Steve Lawrence
How is it working out for you? Our local Angie's List search in "Carpet Cleaning" yields about 6 companies paying for this but most have pretty cheap offers, lower prices than we like to work for usually.

Any input is appreciated.

Steve

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I think results vary quite a bit depending on how many members are in your area. We have a small but growing Angies List membership in our area. It's a catch 22 for us. I am very displeased with the direction they are heading. They are trying to compete with Groupon , Living Social and the like so they can offer deals to their membership. You don't have to do those type of deals but those who do may get the call over you. They are raising their rate for advertising by 30% or more per year depending on your area and membership. They used to be very focused on finding the best contractors for their clients now it seems if your willing to pay them for advertising your qualified. We have a few "shady" carpet cleaners listed on the A.L. site. It's amazing they got by the screening process but then again I think they lowered the bar a lot in the past few years. We did about $20,000 with them last year so I hate to give it up just because I don't like the way they operate. I'm not sure what I would do in sales if I didn't buy ad's with them and just let people search me out on the A. L. web site?

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
BradFenstermaker
We have had great results here also.

David is right about how things are headed.

We don't offer deals, our Member testimonies about our service sells us.

We have low prices in the area. We still do nice numbers with Angie's.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Don't like where they are headed either, but it is what it is, its a LARGE part of my company's early success. I guess if it gets too out of control with percentages they take then ill just stop doing the "deals" they run. Have been with them for about a year and have over 115 reviews. Once we started getting significant reviews, the phone started ringing more and more. Now we are the leader in my area, and I can really tell a difference in the calls since the beginning with fewer reviews. Get on it, get reviews, make money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom