?Who Pre- Scrubs??

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Who still pre-scrubs with a 175 rpm scrubber or cimex? Do you always prescrub commercial carpet.

And what do you use for scrubbing, pads or speed track bonnet?

R

R W

Hey, Scott.....we're not too far apart. I'm in Youngstown, Ohio.

I just started using a Prochem Procaps machine for pre-scrubing the nasties. It helps even more when using a portable. I haven't used a 175 because of lack of room on the truck. The Genesis takes up a lot of room, even in an extended van.

Is that Century 400 a portable, or TM??

Stevea

I personally power agitate everything I clean, all residential, all commercial and all area rugs, (except for what I have to hand clean).

Everything gets a CRB treatment for the process of 'Dry Soil Removal', followed by a very thorough vacuum. Then in the soil suspension phase, they all get the use of a Cimex with brushes to power agitate. In this process the use of some form of lubricant, such as shampoo or encap along with whatever boosting agent I may need or want at the time. This is added to whatever form of pre-spray I may be using, again this will depend on circumstances and fiber and so forth.

Stairs will receive hand brushing since it is difficult to power agitate the stairs, although I will use my CRB to agitate the stairs in some cases when it is needed and practical.

In a nutshell, everything gets a Cimex treatment with brushes before extracting.

SA

dgargan

Pre scrub

We do it on most carpet. 2 trucks we have a 175 rotary and the other one has a GLS, which I think does the best job.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Pre scrubbing

I use a portable, with 2 3stage vacs and 100psi pump, its a beast. i can run 50 feet of 2" hose with no problem.

i have been using the 175rpm scrubber on commercial and only nasty residential.

Do the Procaps work good? How expensive is one? do the brushes wear out very quickly? Saw one at pembertons winterfest.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Who still pre-scrubs with a 175 rpm scrubber or cimex? Do you always prescrub commercial carpet.

And what do you use for scrubbing, pads or speed track bonnet?

Depends on condition of carpet and what you're trying to do. For commercial HWE, rotary extractors pretty much eliminate the need to pre-shampoo except in extreme cases.

Wool carpet or rugs will let go of a traffic area a little more easily if pre-shampooed before cleaning. (Using the appropriate brush.)

If you're using an encapsulating system with no HWE, agitation is a critical part of the process.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I prescrub the traffic lanes on most commercial with a 175 and green stripe pad.

Very rarely on residential, only if an area is really trashed and worn, usually a good high PH prespray cleans up residential.

I keep a rotary car buffer in the van for use if I just have a small area to scrub like in front of a couch.

Fon Johnson

We scrub sometimes, but in most cases it does not make any difference. When you combine great chemicals, high flow, high heat, and enough vacuum for 1 to 2 hour dry times, you don't need it all of the time. Despite the fact we don't alway scrub, I would never want to be without a 175 rpm rotary. If you know how to use one, it is the most versatile tool you can have in the box.

R

R W

Scott....I'm the one who won the Procaps at Pembertons. I think it might retail for $1800-$2000.

duckster

If they pay for the premier package they get power agitation which is actually a pre-spray, dwell time, then shampoo. Followed by hot water extraction using a rotovac. If they pay for the economy they get grooming rake agitation provided they paid for pre-spray. If they won't pay for that, they get the job they paid for. I don't feel bad about it, not running a charity storefront is how I see it.

tim

I switched from the rx-20/rv360 to a procaps deluxe for aggitation in traffic areas and extremely soiled conditions followed by a flush with the greenhorn. Never got the carpets cleaner or dryer faster.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom