Who says carpet is no longer popular?

Mikey P

Administrator
Our local CVS pharmacy just covered up all their VCT with carpet tiles...

wtf would they do that?

86f94c1d.jpg

It probably is a lot less expensive to maintain the carpet than pay someone several thousand every quarter to strip and wax not to mention the weekly buffing then floor will take. Good move. I would pick some CVS stock up on any declines.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
They are big stores too. I have the carpet and janitorial at 3 CVS. When the carpet is cleaned every 2 months it says in our work order to rotate carpet tiles out in the traffic areas so that they do not wear out as fast.. Less Money for strips and waxes, scrubs and recoats. no more burnishing the floors once a week. since my stores changed over to carpet I have probably lost about $6 grand a year on each store... VCT is so expensive to maintain

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
CVS and dozens of other chain stores and eateries use NSP's (national service providers) for their carpet cleaning. I don't mind sharing some of my homework on the subject. Guess what it takes to be compete in that world?, 5-8 cents per sq/ft and NSP's have cleaners lined up to get on their call list. It's certainly a cut throat world out there.

A

amazingcleansc

NobleCarpetCleaners said:
CVS and dozens of other chain stores and eateries use NSP's (national service providers) for their carpet cleaning. I don't mind sharing some of my homework on the subject. Guess what it takes to be compete in that world?, 5-8 cents per sq/ft and NSP's have cleaners lined up to get on their call list. It's certainly a cut throat world out there.

5-8 cents per s/f. how is that even possible?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Yes it is. I love the service companies i work for. Cause I get dibbs on all the mall stores and you name it. you can always get more money out of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom