Who uses a Pile Lifter?

Moser Bros.

I've never used a pile lifter before, I'm thinking of buying one, as I'm getting into commercial.

What is the fastest most effecient model?

How many sqft per hr can they vacuum?

How much to charge?

How often to use over vacuuming with my Sanitare?

How do I justify the extra charge over vacuuming to my clients?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I don't know that any model pile lifter is faster than any other pile lifter. They all work pretty similar. We distrubute two brands, the Hydroforce is a few dollars less expensive. Would love to have you buy one of ours, but you may want to check pawn shops and the janitor closets of a few larger comemrcial buildings. Used ones can be found pretty often for a couple hundred bucks. They may look beat up, but those machine run like tanks.

Scott Warrington

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I used one once on a job when I worked for rainbow in the mid 90's it was on a job that had tons of cat and dog hair, after I was done I was like damn do I even need to use the truckmount now, seems like a lot of people say they are a poor vacuum, I don't know if its just the same people saying that over and over on this board, or if its the general consensus. I am thinking of trying a used one myself and if it doesn't work out I could always resell it back on ebay, they sure feel like they are doing alot when you use one, that thing will pull you around with it

tim

dont bother, I bought one, used it for a few weeks, crappiest vacuum ever made. Does a great job lifting the pile but the procaps machine does a nice job pile lifting AND can be used to scrub in prespray. It weighs half what the certified pile lifter does and is multipurpose.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have one ..........Hardly used it for cleaning.....now...
I use it to stop my wife when she is pulling into the garage to keep her from hitting the house.........

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Certified Pile Brush is the best one.

charge "what ever you can get" for using it

as Scott mentioned, there's a BUNCH of them in shops and garages that aren't used anymore.
look for a used one.
Make Jim an offer on his.
My bet would be, his has been well maintained and in great condition

they're great at lifting the pile and digging out impacted soil.
they're NOT a great vac, though.
They'll dig a pound of sand from a carpet but leave a piece of lint

we still use ours on occasion.
dislodging impacted soil is where they excell

..L.T.A.

GRHeacock

For around 10 years, I used one- a Certified- on every job, because it was "Policy".

I still had to use my Sanitaire occasionally to lift what the Certified left that was still visible.

I quit using the Certified on every job, and only used it where there was a large amount of impacted soils, or badly crushed pile.

Around 1996 or so, I developed the "Turbo Steam System", and sold the Certified, the Sanitaire was worn out, and I replaced it with an Electrolux upright professional model.

I HATED cleaning out the Certified vac bag. Thinking back on it now, I think that was probably the main reason I quit using it.

In my opinion, the turbine vac did as well as the Certified and the Sanitaire, and was a lot quicker- and lighter.

Gary

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
They are pretty much awesome for impacted soil & you can uuse hem to scrub in your prespray if you unplug the vac motor. Built like tanks... Mine was well worth the $120 I spent on it on ebay (shpping included)....

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
excuse my ignorance.... what types of carpets are pile lifters good for? Commercial only or can you use them on residential too?

Thanks for the help,

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
WJMorgan3 said:
excuse my ignorance.... what types of carpets are pile lifters good for? Commercial only or can you use them on residential too?

Thanks for the help,
PIle lifters are more likely to be used on commercial carpet. When used with the appropriate brush and settings, they can be used on some residential carpets, but in general pile lifters are too agressive for residential carpet.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom