Who wants a good box truck for cold climate

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Is a refer box truck insulated differently than a standard box truck? Seem like any box truck would be easy to insulate. Looking at that unit really makes me wish my van had AC.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I was looking at the specks on the refrigeration unit. That thing puts out a ton of electricity. There is probably nothing practical that could be done with it but that wouldn’t stop some of the guys on the board from trying. Diesel electric truckmount? Or maybe just modify it to heat instead of cool so you would never have to worry about it freezing no matter where it was.

Bob Foster

BQyY8YgBGkKGrHgoH-DgEjlLl1CLoBJ6zY1.jpg

3af7_3.jpg

BQyY19QB2kKGrHgoH-D0EjlLlt1SHBJ6zYe.jpg

A refrigerated truck is insulated on all sides of the box including the side door and roll up door. The bottom is even foam insulated. They are next to perfect. Simply buy the truck and rip out the refrigeration system and sell it. This makes it good for your use in areas where you want to keep the truck from freezing. By the way my truck is an ex-refer truck.

This particular van is the perfect length (14') and has integrated side steps. It is also priced well. The only thing I wished it had (but is not all that important) is a drop floor bed in the box. That would allow ever easier entrance into the truck.

If that truck was around here I would grab it. Trucks like this frequently come up.

Back
Top Bottom