Whole room Carpet Re-Dye

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Oddly enough I recieved two calls in the last month for complete area Re-dyes. I am Color Repair Certified but we never really touched on whole room dying. Has anyone here ever done this ? Can it be done without a ton of expensive equipment ? How about a pump up and a CRB ? Things are just so slow that I hate to pass on any work.
One was a 31 foot Custom RV with sun fading on red carpet.
And todays call was a new carpet installed last month, the customer said it just does not look as dark as it did in the store and he would like it made darker. I believe it may be tough as the stain resistance should still be at full effect, and it is a beige, and tans are tough to reproduce.
Thanks for any imput. (I did pass on both jobs)

kelsolo

When I started out I was a Rainbow and I tried a few whole room dye jobs. That was before every carpet was stain resistant and it sucked ass then, take my word its a hugh PITA and I would stay far away from it.

G

I save whole room dying as a last resort,ie; apartments or crappy rentals where the carpet is in fairly good condition just heavily stained.You still want to get as much of the color stains out and try to blend them in(like a faded area)before you start dying.As far as eqipment,you could buy a hydroforce to use specificly with dying,you also want a nice spray to lay it down with(kinda like painting)and a check valve for no drips,and I am sure you know to start out lighter,cause it is easier to add than it is to try and remove.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
an make sure what color yous want all yor white socks...to turn...i jus tell 'em that and it's conversation over!

G

bob vawter said:
an make sure what color yous want all yor white socks...to turn...i jus tell 'em that and it's conversation over!
Or ,dyelock after you clean and rinse/clean after you dye

G

I dyed carpets for years , but most folks that wanted it done had carpet that was shot out already . Plus you never know whats in the carpet that can and will affect how quickly the dye may strike - its no worth the aggravation , trust me. And did I say it can get messy ?

Back
Top Bottom