who's afraid of dirt....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
a typical empty in a student rental town

000_0006-1.jpg

no big deal, just a normal dose of PowerBurst at appx 300sf pr RTU gal will get it cleaned to the level they're willing to pay

000_0014.jpg

heat helps..
this one is for you vEEgs..
Normal duty cycle with our 09 flow Ti.

000_0015.jpg

BTW, "normal" duty cycle for us in "empties" is 15-20 seconds on, 2-4 off.
In res we do slow dry strokes, but not in empty rentals

This one is for MARTY
Look what I found...

000_0013.jpg

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Now, imagine running across that piece of straw every 4 or 5 feet, in ever room, of every apartment. Your vac won't pick it up. It clogs up your wand. All you can do it cuff it up.

PITA

Willy P

Name
Willy P
admiralclean said:
Now, imagine running across that piece of straw every 4 or 5 feet, in ever room, of every apartment. Your vac won't pick it up. It clogs up your wand. All you can do it cuff it up.

PITA
Rake. And if it clogs up the wand with that V blower, you may try attaching the vacuum hose to the machine. It should be in the owners manual instructions.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, in your own left handed, down under way, you have hit a point. My bad memories in relation to the straw are all associated with a 36 blower. I haven't gone through the rental turnover season with my new V yet. The 6008 blower might just make a difference, if I weren't using a glided wand. No way that straw is going up a hole in the hole glide.

I think jimmy may be right about not eating YOUR brain.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry Cobb said:
Larry;

I do have a question.

Why is the heater light on with the voltage reading 60 volts ?

Larry

junk volt meters they put on PMs.
It's not uncommon for them to go south
Maybe the vibration, I don't know.
Not worth replacing to me, cause I know the generator puts out enough volts at anything over 2600 rpm

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It leaves the tile a bit wetter than the V, of course, but not enough to be a major problem. My complaint with my smaller unit was the pressure limitation. I couldn't go over 800 psi, or the pressure relief valve on the propane heater would pop off. 240 degrees with 1000 psi cleans most floor without scrubbing. I always had to scrub with the 36 unit.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:

PITA

Why is there so much straw on your customer's floors, Marty ?

Do you have thatched roofs ? In UK in some of the older homes I'd see a piece of straw.
Or do your customers use straw brooms to sweep the carpet like they used to on dirt floors ?

Fon Johnson

MeAt, do you clean dirty rentals too? :lol:

I've done many that were worse than that in a month or two. Gotta love cheap olefin crap.. :roll:

This one was 3 months old:

LRtraf2.jpg

Fon Johnson

Larry B said:
OMG Fon must be a hack

He didnt vacuum :lol:

No, I was not going to use my vacuum to suck up all of the crap (not stuff but CRAP, mostly rat) and then use it in another home. I went over ALL of the carpet with the cuff after cleaning, and it was vacuumed later.

Fon Johnson

Fon Johnson said:
[quote="Larry B":1ko24dlt]OMG Fon must be a hack

He didnt vacuum :lol:

No, I was not going to use my vacuum to suck up all of the crap (not stuff but CRAP, mostly rat) and then use it in another home. I went over ALL of the carpet with the CUFF after cleaning, and it was vacuumed later.[/quote:1ko24dlt]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Fon Johnson said:

yep, plenty of 'em too
(don't tell my "hi-roller" friends who only clean "clean" carpets for fiddy cent-O-ft)

I couldn't bear the shame.....

That one wasn't anywhere near the worst we see in the sec 8s or student rentals
Just happened to be one I did this week personally and had the camera in my pocket

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Had a local slum lord who had carpets like that too.

Would leave all his paint buckets and handyman's tools all over for me to move.

I would throw the stuff in the bathroom in no particular order.

Never got the hint so I referred this shit work to another cleaner.

R

R W

Fon Johnson said:

I've done many that were worse than that in a month or two. Gotta love cheap olefin crap.. :roll:

LRtraf2.jpg

Looks like Fon isn't a pre-vaccer, either!!

TimP

Fon Johnson said:

LRtraf2.jpg

I see carpet like this quite often....that wand looks like a toy compared to the greenhorn!!!

Name
I'm Rick James
Fon do you know if you had any wicking with that carpet. Seems like a prime canidate for it.

TimP

You see places look like that when they were

1. a meth house
2. don't own a vacuum
3. have pets live in the home and those pets go into the woods and roll around in mud
4. renters like to roll around in mud like marty (probably why he knows how to clean....been cleaning up mud in his house for years)
5. try to mop their carpet to clean them (yes I've had a customer admit to it)
6. use a broom to vacuum their carpet.

7. All of the above.

Fon Johnson

OK, I'll go over this one more time. This was a NASTY rental house. I had my Clarke combivac and a bissell. I opted to clean it, and then spend 15 minutes vacuuming with the open cuff to get the large debris. Rat turds were everywhere. I could not use either vac in that house and then use it anywhere else again. I did not want to throw either one away. It obviously had never been vacuumed, and it was amazing how filthy this 3 month old carpet was. It was cleaned up with the open cuff, and vacuumed after it was dry. There was no wick back either. There was grey in a few areas from wear, and this carpet was not a bottom line berber either (just olefin.)

I could not with a clear conscience put a vacuum on that floor and then use it in another house. It was tough on my back to vacuum the large stuff with the cuff, but oh well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom