Who's bonnet cleaned upholstery ?

Moser Bros.

I learned more at Mikey's Fest, then at all the IICRC class over the years, and anyone who was at the Elk's Lodge will remember the Bac-Out demostration. I got the free sample, but forgot to ask the duiltion ratio for fabrics. I need to find a pad driver and a good cheap cordless Makita. I tired of spending 60 to 90 minutes on each sofa. I hope dricleaning upholystery and other fabrics is the way to go, I just can't see it getting 10 years of body oil that is deep into the fabric. But I haven't test it yet.

Now who's have great results dricleaning with Bac-Out or any other cleaner, do you just use it for natural fibers and do you still steam clean upholystery anymore?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"good cheap cordless Makita"???

If ya wanna RUB the dirt in...a Makita model # 922-C is the only way ta go!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I sir have bonnet cleaned furniture.

You have to pick and choose when you do it.

Great for production style commercial.

If you do normal residential furniture make sure to wet out the fabric in sections then bonnet it off. A folded up towel will work too.

Jose Smith

Using "low moisture" cleaning for fabrics is not for everyday cleaning. It is a tool that can help in some occasions.

Jose Smith

CleanEvo

I clean most upholstery with the TM or a porty, however have had some really good success with "low moisture" cleaning as well.

You need to pre-vac. I've always used Releasit DS misted onto the fabric, agitated with a horse hair brush, then bonneted by hand with the 8" green striped bonnets that have the slit in them for your hand. I have a makita, but I have found that I get better results doing it by hand. Then I follow up with a thick bath matt style terry towel, especially on the arms. The results are exceptional and if it's a delicate fabric, it will be dry in no time... no chance of browning.

I've done some serious upholstery production this way in high rise commercial buildings.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I have used Rick G's drill driver in the past but have since gone to a car polisher with a velcro disc affixed to the drive plate. I use micro fiber towels with good results. Bythe way, you'll still need the extractiopn equipment for the heavily soiled pieces.

Back
Top Bottom