Who's going to The Experience in Vegas in Sept.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ugh.

I get back from Hawaii on the 1st.

Sounds horrible to head out there for a show that could very well likey be half of what it was last year.

Is there any thing new worth seeing?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Would like to experience some showgirls... :biggrin:

Not too sure about the trade show though, unlikely.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Actually I think the show will be busy as they are aligning with the Bio Cleanup group and I believe DKI. Now if you aren't into restoration or trauma then you may not give a crap. Besides half of these posts provide enough trauma as it is. As for the name I am hoping the party will have a Hendrix cover band. I know the illustrious Mr. Chavez may even show for that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sooo they saw how well attended the RIA conference was and said fook the carpet cleaners, lets target Restoration? :p

Seriously it sounds like it could be a good program for those in and those that are thinking of getting into restoration and biorecovery.

Thanks Bill!

"There must be some kind of way out of here,"
Said the joker to the thief,
"There's too much confusion,
I can't get no relief.
Businessman they drink my wine,
Plowman dig my earth
None will level on the line, nobody offered his word, hey"

"No reason to get excited,"
The thief, he kindly spoke
"There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late"

All along the watchtower
Princes kept the view
While all the women came and went
Barefoot servants, too

Outside in the cold distance
A wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl
*buisness man there, drink my wine,
Come and take my herb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ken;

Ray Waits and I will be there.

A pioneer from the past will be here for this show.

Steve Brandt, former president of Hydramaster, will also be attending the show.

Sounds like a good time to me.

Larry

P.S. The hotel is under new management, no longer a Hilton.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Look forward to seeing you again and meeting Ray, Larry. It's been under new management for a while now sadly still a dated dump. Hopefully they will know it down and start over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
debating, been there the last 10 years it seems like, want to go to the ISSA convention a few months later

anyone been to the new buffet at Caesars

Jimbo

IN

but just can't stay at the Hilton...

Maybe MGM!! Or Golden Nugget old town...anywhere FUN!

Getting back from Boston on the 4th...gotta stay current!

FredC

Village Idiot
debating, been there the last 10 years it seems like, want to go to the ISSA convention a few months later

anyone been to the new buffet at Caesars

Bacchanal - yeah...overrated imo. Food was just ok, the wait was well over an hour, and of course its on the pricier side.

Then there were the two huge Asian wedding parties who created a never ending line at the buffet because they would just stay in line and eat.......not sitting down until they got to the last station where they each got a few plates of crab legs......they seemed really angry if you tried to break in to get something....

I know they know better because they always tell me not to eat in line when I'm at one of their buffets :D
Honestly I probably would have enjoyed it much more if it wasn't for that......

I did get some cool little warm plate grabby thingies

View attachment 2237

Reactions: steve frasier

randy

Name
Randy
Half what it was last year ? If that happens they might as well have it in the parking lot of the EconoLOdge. Last year they told us of all these people that were going to be there to speak. Then after many had already signed up they changed the KEYNOTE speaker and most of the other main speakers. Since EXPERIENCE is under the same management of the failed Connections Trade Show you have to wonder if this year will be any better. The restoration industry already has trade shows, why screw up the carpet cleaners trade show. Why not improve it so more than 300 people show up. I looked over the agenda and I'm going to pass, so much of it has zip to do with the cleaning industry. Read the agenda, its laughable and guaranteed to be worse than last year. We will see the EXPERIENCE go the way of Connections and probably sooner than latter. So what is the date and location of the next Mikey's fest ? Is there still going to be a summersfest or is that bust ? The Experience isn't getting my money this year, that is for sure.
Ugh.

I get back from Hawaii on the 1st.

Sounds horrible to head out there for a show that could very well likey be half of what it was last year.

Is there any thing new worth seeing?

Last edited:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Ken;

Ray Waits and I will be there.

A pioneer from the past will be here for this show. You're right Larry it will be great to see Steve.

Sounds like a good time to me.

Larry

P.S. The hotel is under new management, no longer a Hilton.

You're right Larry Steve is a great guy and will be good to see him.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have been to connections 4 times and have never paid a dollar to see one of those infomercials but the trade show has always been good.

Plus there are never vacations planned for that time of the year so it is a vacation or time off that is completely written off.

I recommend that you don't sign up for the whole program and if there is something you want to see that is part of the program just show up and walk in, no one is going to stop you.

Reactions: Jimbo

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A pioneer from the past will be here for this show.

Of all possible events, why would Steve choose this one?

I understand trying to replace the body count of the missing cleaning associations, but it seems ill-fitting to use a restoration franchisor and pathogens association for this purpose. The Experience will never have credibility with the serious restoration contractor, so chasing restorers just risks alienating the cleaning products exhibitors.

Since I'm not in the restoration biz I'll wait for the IICRCA show next year.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Where is the iicrca show going to be? I use the Vegas trip as a uncle Sam sponsored get away so may still go.

randy

Name
Randy
Where is the iicrca show going to be? I use the Vegas trip as a uncle Sam sponsored get away so may still go.

You should just get an entertainment contract and move there. Dump the carpet cleaning world and just sing.

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
They are doing more emphasis this year in Vegas on just the great ol' carpet cleaner. One of the hands-on pavilions is going to be strictly on carpet cleaning and HydraMaster is sponsoring it. While the side by side competitive comparisons are better left to an event like Mikeyfest, we are looking for your ideas for demonstrations you would really like to see. We are going to invte several versions of agitation machines to participate in our encapsulation presentations. But if you have other things you would like to see done during these parts of the show, let us know.

Here is what is presently scheduled, but we can always add things...
Thursday September 5[SUP]th</SPAN>[/SUP] (Day 2)</SPAN></SPAN>
11:15 – 12:00 pm Carpet Cleaning and Spotting Demonstrations - HydraMaster
Steve Poulos, Doyle Bloss, Rick Evans, Bruce Daw and more.</SPAN> Join these experts as they bring your greatest carpet cleaning challenges and opportunities to life with interactive hands-on product demonstrations. Hot water extraction tools and techniques to clean faster, clean better, reduce drying times, and reduce fatigue. Low moisture encapsulation carpet cleaning – equipment, chemicals, and how to use them to get more commercial business. Answering cleaning challenges presented by the proliferation of new soft carpet fibers.</SPAN></SPAN>

Friday, September 6th (Day 3)</SPAN></SPAN>
8:30 am – 11:00 am Live Hands on Demonstrations</SPAN></SPAN>

Cleaning Section:</SPAN></SPAN>

Professional Carpet Cleaning and Spotting – HydraMaster/U.S Products</SPAN></SPAN>
Steve Poulos, Doyle Bloss, Rick Evans, Bruce Daw, and more</SPAN>. Join these experts as they bring your greatest carpet cleaning challenges and opportunities to life with interactive hands-on product demonstrations. Which presprays are right for your application? Do you really need more than one or two? A spot and stain removing contest with prizes. The latest technologies in fabric protection, and how to sell them. A truckmount vs. portable challenge. More on answering cleaning challenges presented by the proliferation of new soft carpet fibers</SPAN></SPAN>

Reactions: Desk Jockey

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
They have asked me to speak...still negotiating price.

I wont go under 3 figures so we will see...............:icon_rolleyes:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Quit the public hand wringing, Ken, and just book your tickets. You know you are going to go anyway- it's Vegas, baby!

Steve

PS Hanna prefers you out of town anyway! I know my managers did! :)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
:) Brian hasn't committed to going or not yet. He has a lot going on right now, on top of running our biggest Division, with a new home on a lake and soon to be new wife. Hoping he can make the time as we rarely get time to talk at work.

Back
Top Bottom