Why am I not getting traffic

RodneyBeach

OK I thought once I got ranked good on google I would have more traffic to my site than I could handle. Wrong

Here is where I am ranking on a few of my keywords.

#2 for "Cincinnati carpet cleaning"
#2 for "carpet cleaning Cincinnati"
#2 for "Cincinnati Ohio carpet cleaning"
#3 for "carpet cleaning Cincinnati Ohio"
#1 for "Cincinnati Ohio carpet care"
#5 for "carpet cleaning in Cincinnati"

I am only getting like 5 or 6 hits per week from google.
What am I missing here, am I targeting the wrong keywords, I am trying to hit all the keywords that I can but still no traffic.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Google sucks. No, just kidding. but if you've got a lot of other companies in your area sending out coupons, then that's who's getting most of the business. plus the other well established companies.

Name
Nate W.
RodneyBeach said:
OK I thought once I got ranked good on google I would have more traffic to my site than I could handle. Wrong

Here is where I am ranking on a few of my keywords.

#2 for "Cincinnati carpet cleaning"
#2 for "carpet cleaning Cincinnati"
#2 for "Cincinnati Ohio carpet cleaning"
#3 for "carpet cleaning Cincinnati Ohio"
#1 for "Cincinnati Ohio carpet care"
#5 for "carpet cleaning in Cincinnati"

I am only getting like 5 or 6 hits per week from google.
What am I missing here, am I targeting the wrong keywords, I am trying to hit all the keywords that I can but still no traffic.

people normally search for carpet cleaner or rug cleaner..... Maybe your key words aren't the right ones....?

RodneyBeach

Thank you Kevin and Nate.

I have been thinking about the carpet cleaner and carpet cleaners terms, maybe that is what I need to work on targeting next, I am sitting in the seventh spot for Cincinnati carpet cleaner and in eighth for carpet cleaner Cincinnati. I just can't believe that I am only getting 5 or 6 hits a week.

I can understand totally about the well established companies but I should still be at least getting the clicks. I am doing a really good job of converting the ones that do click.

I started building pages for individual towns that target other keywords but that has just been in the last week or two.

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

RodneyBeach

I agree totally FCC,
I was not really expecting it to be be like a goldmine just something more than 5 or 6 hits a week.
I was at the very least expecting daily hits for all the keywords I am targeting. I am in the top spot for many of the smaller areas.

I do realize that there is the adwords and google places at the top, I was just talking about in the organic search.

I am also sitting in second spot on yahoo maps on the first page for Cincinnati carpet cleaning and I get NO traffic from that.

I get traffic but it is from my blogs, articles etc., I mean I can put an ad on craigslist once a week and get way more traffic than I am getting from google

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bring up your Google map listing.

Your area doesn't seem very savy about map listing,(To say the least)

Cr@p, most of them don't even have any reviews.

Work to get 20-30 client reviews and leave your competition in the dust.

You'll then get clients that don't care about price.

RodneyBeach

good advice Dave and Fcc.

I have just started to work on trying to raise my listing on the maps. One review jumped me from the middle of page 8 to the very top of page 6 so yeah I don't think it will be hard to get to the front page on the maps.

I totally agree that organic on local has died out alot and got pushed down the page but I didn't realize it was that bad.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Maps is key. I didn't see any photos or vids on your google places account. It says "verified" but not "owner verified" No sure why that is.
Fill out your Google Places account 100%
It's a huge step to go from number 2 to number 1 on the organics. I've experienced every spot on the first page and studied it every time.

If you can be number 1 on maps and organics AND number one on PPC, you will do better.
It's all hand in hand.

I'll critique your site later.

The good thing about the clicks you get from Google is they are shopping for carpet cleaning so the ones that do click, are probably going to buy. Why else would they be there?

Work on your Google Places account (maps) and spend a few on PPC and see what happens.

RodneyBeach

Thank you very much Brian.

I am working hard on the google maps and am just going to continue with SEO but kinda put it on the back burner while I work on the maps. I am going to try to get a Video on today and have emailed some of my customers asking them to rate my site with a link to my google maps page and sent them coupons at the same time.

It is so much different trying to get traffic for a local site than what I have done on regular websites.

One strange thing I noticed was I was getting more traffic when I was in the bottom half of the organics on page one than I am now, but none of them were buying they were all saying they were just checking prices. Now at least the little bit of traffic I am getting is booking jobs.

Thank you all very much for your advice.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
RodneyBeach said:
Thank you very much Brian.

I am working hard on the google maps and am just going to continue with SEO but kinda put it on the back burner while I work on the maps. I am going to try to get a Video on today and have emailed some of my customers asking them to rate my site with a link to my google maps page and sent them coupons at the same time.

It is so much different trying to get traffic for a local site than what I have done on regular websites.

One strange thing I noticed was I was getting more traffic when I was in the bottom half of the organics on page one than I am now, but none of them were buying they were all saying they were just checking prices. Now at least the little bit of traffic I am getting is booking jobs.

Thank you all very much for your advice.

Think about that...the only reason they got that far down is because they were price shopping.

Typically, a person ready to buy will buy from the first one who answers the phone and isn't a complete idiot.
If someone has worked hard enough to be number 1, then they are probably going to answer their phone most of the time.

RodneyBeach

Thanks again Brian.

Yeah the thing that amazed me though is that I was getting more hits when I was farther down the page, could have just been a busier time of year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom