Why do I care how many sites link to mine?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
[center:2vjgrmkd]Why do I care how many sites link to mine?[/center:2vjgrmkd]

In the simplest terms, search engines view a link to your web site like a vote: If another site links to yours, it must think your site is valuable. Each link to your site contributes a little bit of value in the search engine's algorithm, which can help boost your site's ranking in search results.

Now, they may be robots, but search engines do know the difference between real links and links created simply to make another site look good. (In other words, it does not pay to ask your friend to fill his web page with dozens of links to your site.) Search engines also keep a virtual eye on the relevance of the links: Does the linking site have a common theme with yours? Is it a popular site itself? Quality links make a difference.

Legitimate links to your site can also help boost traffic, for the simple reason that more potential customers are exposed to your site.
Yahoo.com

New to some, not to others. Just some info to think about for your website.

G

Understanding that is a great first step. The hard part is getting them, which then takes the next hardest part "your time" and lots of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom