Why do I have 2 vans?!?!?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Why do I have 2 vans???

So when the one breaks down, I can still keep working! Darn fuel pump went out of the New van this morning on the first job site. Wouldn't you know it. Big job too that 2 vans would have been great to have so one unit would be upstairs and the other downstairs. Guys still finished up before the tow truck got it me hooked up. New fuel pump should be in tomorrow (Boy I hope so because we have a huge house a bit out of town tomorrow afternoon that we need both vans)!

I remember the first time this happened to me and I was the only one doing the cleaning. That's why I bought another new/used Butler unit and was going to keep the older unit as a back up. Well needless to say, the second unit ended up coming out on a lot of busy days and my daughter would run it with me on the same jobs so we could get all the work requested of us done in a day.... and I wasn't out cleaning everyday from 8 am until 9 pm!

Now, we are putting in some long days and making good cash with 2 vans (yesterday was another $3200 day!), but we are also getting home at a descent time and not loosing too many customers "that just have to have it done yet today"!

Anyway, as my wife and I were just discussing, she thought I was crazy to buy another unit back then to just have sitting around, because we really didn't have down time to often. But now, she is a big cheerleader of the second unit and us double teaming the jobs as we do.

So anyway, just was thinking about how we ended up being a small "Multi-Van" company and today was the reminder. Hopefully, some of you have the opportunity to experience this positive growth....even if it is just by pure coincidence like it happened to us. For us, it just started as a precautionary purchase.

All the best to everyone!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Reactions: Russ T.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I feel your pain.......I went 9 years with just one set up........

I sleep much better at night knowing if I break down I have a second one to keep me going......

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah it is nice. I didnt buy a second new setup just a clean used one, and it still sits most of the time, but damn its nice when I need it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Its nice when I need to run 2 trucks to have my backup doing a 2k job next week will run a couple trucks there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Fuel pump didn't make it to Northern MN today. Swamped like crazy and cleaned from 7:30 am until 8:30 pm. I hate being scheduled this hard and for 2 vans and only one available. Phone has been ring up until 8:30 pm tonight of "I need it done yet tomorrow"! Starting first got to have it job at 7 am, then second got to have it, before our first 8:30 am job. We will be a bit late for our REAL first job of day. Looking to be done by 7 pm if 2nd van gets fixed some time in the afternoon! Let's hope....

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Reactions: tmdry

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Went out the door to do 2 "just have to be done" jobs that came in last night at 7:30 pm and 8:30 pm. Was on first job site by 7:15 am and the next one by 8:50 am (they were 8 Blocks apart and empties) . Slammed those out and kept going on the route. Just got in at 8 pm.

Told the shop to screw the warranty and warranty fuel pump and find me an after market even though the new one was shipped 2 days ago. They couldn't find one within the 250 mile radius search. And so far, they haven't located where my fuel pump has gone. It is getting old being booked as hard as we are and planning for 2 vans. Long days!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Able 1

Name
Keith
Having two vans is the only way to roll.. People call me and want their carpets cleaned tomorrow, what am I going to turn them down? HELL NO! We are in the service industry and service is what I do all day every day.. Tomorrow we have a big one first thing and we will knock it out with two trucks then split up for the next 5 and be home by 3:30. Pretty soon I want a third van as a back up.. This is the time to make hay, winter is coming quick!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Having two vans is the only way to roll.. People call me and want their carpets cleaned tomorrow, what am I going to turn them down? HELL NO! We are in the service industry and service is what I do all day every day.. Tomorrow we have a big one first thing and we will knock it out with two trucks then split up for the next 5 and be home by 3:30. Pretty soon I want a third van as a back up.. This is the time to make hay, winter is coming quick!

Exactly!

I'm rolling out the door early now to knock out another apartment before our FIRST job, so we can try to get on schedule. Hope it makes it today as our trucks are also suppose to be in the local parade on Sunday. Not making money, but great marketing with all our bubble machines and music. People are gonna be looking for us!

Mark

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom