Why do I keep going back to the same shitty barber?

Mikey P

Administrator
He always messes up my part line but he's the best conversationalist in town. The whole experience goes by too quick. If no one is next, Ill hang out for a while and gossip to get my $20 worth..

The young guy who works the one and only chair next to him has a line of people three times as long, but is annoying as F to talk to.

Most of my cleaning success is due to having the same skills...

I got a $25 tip yesterday because of it. He said it was for going above and beyond every other cleaners hes used, but hell, I didnt even prescrub. We just confessed our sins together.....

Last edited:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
for the same reason your crb should stay on the truck 99% of the time..

the outcome might not be the "best" but there is a "connection" I swindled (cleaned) $540 of tile for 3hrs of time yesterday. Prespray, grout lines with brush and glided carpet wand rinse at 500psi and and a cup of tea and muffin. She is stoked for me just turning up and doing the basics and being human

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
He always messes up my part line but he's the best conversationalist in town. The whole experience goes by too quick. If no one is next, Ill hang out for a while and gossip to get my $20 worth..

The young guy who works the one and only chair next to him has a line of people three times as long, but is annoying as F to talk to.

Most of my cleaning success is due to having the same skills...

I git a $25 tip yesterday because of it. He said it was for going above and beyond every other cleaners hes used, but hell, I didnt even prescrub. We just confessed our sins together.....

That's a great story, and one that I'll share.

Me?

The girl that cuts what's left of my hair is chatty and inquisitive, both of which annoy me. But my other choice is a religious fanatic.

My perfect barber would be mute.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
That's a great story, and one that I'll share.

Me?

The girl that cuts what's left of my hair is chatty and inquisitive, both of which annoy me. But my other choice is a religious fanatic.

My perfect barber would be mute.
I'm 50/50 with you..
I love people that are inquisitive but oh lordy I genuinely believe small talk belongs to small people.. I'm working on my prejudices.. sometimes..

hogjowl

Idiot™
There’s two in the one I go to.
The one that does a good job is always busy. Usually three or four deep.
The other one is always empty and willing, but she does a crappy job.
The crappy one has no legs and seems to always be in pain.
So I let her do a crappy job, because I can’t tell her no.
And because I’ve never been able to figure out what day she doesn’t work.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I always enjoy the small talk at my barbers. I usually steer the conversation around to carpet cleaning and have picked up quite a bit of work there. If I am slow, I know it's time for another haircut.

steve_64

I use to buzz my own. Now I go to the girl who has done Gennys for a couple decades.

Genny usually goes with So I just sit and smile and nod once in awhile.

They are all very good and its appointment only.

Reactions: Connor

Mikey P

Administrator
What are we talk about a call a text to some extent my clean up efforts he has a side-by-side so we talk about where we ride they actually sell used guns in this Barbershop school talk about that plinking a bit the weather of course where next vacations are gonna be in my favorite divide a history One time I came in add there was nobody in there waiting for a haircut which was a first I suggested they open the Facebook page where they get put up alive post saying a we have Room come on down quick it both looked at me like 1000 saying is that it's so rare to get a little quiet time that they just sit down and watch the news

Reactions: Cleanworks

FredC

Village Idiot
The last barber that I would chat with kept getting progressively weirder. The last time I was in was 2000 or so and he was asking me what I thought the really long skintags under his arms were.

When I drove by last month it was boarded up. I figured he just got too old to cut hair but it looks like he was blacklisted for threatening to shoot a jarhead and that was his primary clientele

poor al
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/s...ng-handgun-led-to-military-ban-on-barber-shop

Edit: Looks like he died in 2015....rip Al

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

FredC

Village Idiot
Im driving.

No%20DUI.png

Mikey P

Administrator
There’s two in the one I go to.
The one that does a good job is always busy. Usually three or four deep.
The other one is always empty and willing, but she does a crappy job.
The crappy one has no legs and seems to always be in pain.
So I let her do a crappy job, because I can’t tell her no.
And because I’ve never been able to figure out what day she doesn’t work.

Theres a POTD challenge for you Fred...

Bobby cutting Marty's hair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom