Why Good Cleaners do Bad Work by Jim Pemberton !!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
In Jim's excellent topic, a couple of guys raised the point about their age.

How old should one stop doing active carpet & upholstery cleaning, etc;??

Thanks from a youngish not so newbie. :winky:

:yoda:

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
In Jim's excellent topic, a couple of guys raised the point about their age.

How old should one stop doing active carpet & upholstery cleaning, etc;??

Thanks from a youngish not so newbie. :winky:

:yoda:

There is no age limit.

There are examples of workers in their early 100s still working.

Oh good

Another 40 years for me.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We had a fellow back here who was using a portable and cleaning into his early 80's.

He would tell the customer that they had to have someone there on the job site to take his portable out of the truck and into the house because he used a walker. They would of course have all the furniture move for him, and put it back in the truck for him when he was done.

He was so popular in his small town local community that his customers would do that for him.

How he balanced himself cleaning with a wand I don't know, and I can't imagine he could remove spots either.

But he was had a magnetic personality, and they loved him. He passed a day or two after his last job if I remember right.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Was Ray "Rambo" Moody, 75 or 78 when he stopped, does anyone know. ??

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Im 61. yes it aches sometimes when I overdo it. but I think Im good for another 10 years.

Dont smoke, drink and the only thing I take is an Exedrin every once in a great while.

Thing is I enjoy cleaning. The people are great and its a different environment everyday.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I turn 74 in about 8 weeks time.

I love what I do and especially the comments when I'm finished, especially on upholstery, both fabric & leather.

I must admit though, that I am getting sick of taking the Cimex up four flights of stairs, & now prefer to give these jobs to someone else.

They're usually only rentals and crap anyway.

S.W.M.B.O. wants me to slow down, which I will this year or next.

I still mow the grass. :winky::lol: BUT, (when we relocate), our next home will have synthetic grass.

I get so bored & cranky (like Marty), :marty: , when I have nothing to do. :icon_twisted:

One of my motto's::

I'll stop when I no longer love what I can do,
Or, when I can no longer do what I love.

:yoda:)

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I turn 74 in about 8 weeks time.

I love what I do and especially the comments when I'm finished, especially on upholstery, both fabric & leather.

I must admit though, that I am getting sick of taking the Cimex up four flights of stairs, & now prefer to give these jobs to someone else.

They're usually only rentals and crap anyway.

S.W.M.B.O. wants me to slow down, which I will this year or next.

I still mow the grass. :winky::lol: BUT, (when we relocate), our next home will have synthetic grass.

I get so bored & cranky (like Marty), :marty: , when I have nothing to do. :icon_twisted:

One of my motto's::

I'll stop when I no longer love what I can do,
Or, when I can no longer do what I love.

:yoda:)
You can save time mowing the grass if you water it with gin and tonic. It comes up half cut.

Back
Top Bottom