why I don't trust bag vacuums

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've seen these posts about Sanitaires, Riccars, all these other vacuums with incredible suction. While these machines just may be all that and a bag of cookies too, this is why I won't use one:
IMAGE_498.jpg

IMAGE_499.jpg

The berber carpet really didn't look soiled, no indication that this soil was in the carpet. If I had a bag vacuum I would have simply pushed it back and forth and kept going. But I could see this powder coming in, looked like gyprock dust, they must have been sanding the walls before painting.
ANother vacuum would have left half that dust in the carpet.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm with ya...I wanna see...and I want the customer to see.

I also wouldn't mind vacuuming right at the same time.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I agree, a bag doesn't show the customer what your pulling out. So I bought dirt cup converters for my sanitairs. Now I have the best of both worlds.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
What about a bagged vacuum with sight tube to see what you are picking up?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I often put a new 50 cent bag in so my customer sees how much more they need to vacuum. Works everytime.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I agree, we use a Sanitaire with dirt cup for residential carpet cleaning.

Beyond the argument of which is best virtually all customer home vacuums I've looked at are not maintained properly with respect to the 3B's. Even a good vacuum is crap if....
Bag full and need emptied/ replaced
Belt slips because old, worn, dried out, cracked and need replaced
Brushes on the beater bar are worn down to nubs and need replaced

It's no surprise when a properly maintained and operated vacuum operated by one such as yourself pulls this kind of crud out of a carpet

lance

I got a Cleartrak because Ron talked about it so much.

It's so much fun watching the cat hair and fine dust getting sucked into the clear canister. It's a really great vacuum.

What's great about having a clear canister is that you can do the TL's really well, then dump the dirt in a trash can, put the empty canister back very quickly, and go over the TL's again to see if there is anything that wasn't pick up the first time.

You will know with out a doubt that you got out everything you could before you pre-spray and extract with your TM.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
rhyde said:
I agree, we use a Sanitaire with dirt cup for residential carpet cleaning.

Beyond the argument of which is best virtually all customer home vacuums I've looked at are not maintained properly with respect to the 3B's. Even a good vacuum is crap if....
Bag full and need emptied/ replaced
Belt slips because old, worn, dried out, cracked and need replaced
Brushes on the beater bar are worn down to nubs and need replaced

It's no surprise when a properly maintained and operated vacuum operated by one such as yourself pulls this kind of crud out of a carpet
Amen. These are the reasons I don't trust homeowners to do the vacuuming.
Add to that, that they don't really know how, or don't have the time. (couldn't think of a "B" for this !gotcha! )

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
ACE said:
What about a bagged vacuum with sight tube to see what you are picking up?

That would work. the simple visual can help you a LOT esp when you find a carpet deodorizer spot, or a heavy sand, or where they repaired a wall and there's lots of gyprock sandings

Burtz

you know ronn I could go behind you with any old POS vacuum cleaner and pick up more dirt guaranteed!!!

what the heck is your truck mount supposed to pick up.

Ryan

Does it make a difference if you get all that out as long as the carpet looks clean when your done?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Burtz said:
you know ronn I could go behind you with any old POS vacuum cleaner and pick up more dirt guaranteed!!!

Uh oh....Now you've done it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Burtz said:

Yeah, you could, but you aren't going to get much. You'd need something more than a POS to get anything of significance.

Vacuuming will remove the soil OUT of the carpet
HWE will remove the soil that's ON the carpet.

Ryan said:
Does it make a difference if you get all that out as long as the carpet looks clean when your done?
Tell that to people that have health issues, or the people that are ripping out carpet because its so disgusting. Beyond that, no, makes no difference at all.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Appearance is important....and is probably enough for most situations.

But Ron hits a good point with the health issues.

Getting out dust that would normally float back into the air is important.

Vacuuming is number 1 for me right now because of my process.

When you're done cleaning, the whole room or house should have a fresh feel to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom