Why is it ???

-JB-

Name
JB
There are dozens (if not hundreds depending on your demographic) of store front, and pick up & delivery dry cleaners in most areas. They feel no guilt, no shame, in taking their wares to the same two or three dry cleaning plants in the area, yet carpet cleaners are somehow "duped" into thinking that we MUST handle all our rugs ourselves, because no one could possibly do it as well as we/I do, no wonder the industry as a whole preys on the independents. :roll:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Who knows... I offer it to the cleaners in our area at reduced prices.. and never ask cleaners to telll them where they are being taken. And the rugs get washed as opposed to cleaners saying they are washing them and steam cleaning them at their own shops or homes can charging washing prices like Randy alludes to in another post.

So ask me how many local cleaners have taken me up on it.. or local dry cleaning plants I've sent emails or dropped brochures off at send us business....

So far only 1 cleaner and he is not even local.

Where is Bruce Page anyways?

Burtz

then there would be no need for rug schools and all those mini rug plants and centrifuges and rug badgers

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have over 50 carpet cleaners sin our market that bring rugs to us and dozens of dry cleaning and restoration companies. It is all a matter of marketing or connecting with them in a way they will know it will be profitable for them to do it.

-JB-

Name
JB
what do you consider worth it to them?

what type of price break do you offer them?

Is it a standard price break or do the bigger fish get better breaks?

... and lets be frank here, what if there no "high volume" cleaners you can truly trust NOT to ruin your clients rugs? That is a BIG issue in WNY.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I would think that the price break would have to be enough to justify their pick up and delivery costs.
+ be worth the extra 'hassle' that is involved in doing extra and taking some risk.

If the plant operator price structure allows mostly them to make the profit, than they are actively encouraging people not to use them.

It has to be a win win situation for both.

C

cucu

anything i get in ..which aint much...i drop of to Joe the Apple...never any problems i bring them back ,custy is always happy what more could i want

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I learned my lesson earlier this year, all my silk rugs will go to Lisa from now on (worth the drive to San Diego). I will do the rest myself unless I am swamped with work or have a large number of rug that I do not have the room to clean, then I use a rug shop here in town. He
charges me $2.75/ft for wool and $2.25 for synthetic. Ken, I wish your plant was closer so
I would pay less. but I live in an expensive area and I understand he has to make his margins.
Luis

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I used to drop off rugs to Sacaramento Rug works and then charge the customer for my time and gas etc.

I would clean an area rug on site here and there...because it's not the end of the world Lisa :roll:

But the one's that looked like a pain in the ass....I'm talking about the customer....I would out source.

Hint: It would end up being a 50/50 split. shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom