Why limit your particapation here?

Mikey P

Administrator
Some of you on here every night who dont have (or want?) access to the SM area... :?

Blows my mind.

Fill out your profile and or do a introductory post and pow! You're in..

HELLO!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Probably like 90% of our industry Mike. They don't know/aren't aware of further potential so don't have the desire to know more.

Once they see that things can be improved upon, they'll jump in with both feet hopefully.

John

MikeD00019

I'm hear for the simple fact that the more I learn the more I'm successful. I know for a fact I can't just wing it.

Greg Loe

I got a GREAT! results using this marketing method. All you need is to................ (continued in market room)

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have traveled to many parts of the country and have spoken with hundreds of cleaners about the boards and this is what I hear.

A bunch of so called know it alls that spend more time bashing each other then helping each other.

If they are so smart why don't most of then have 2 nickels to rub together.

I asked a question one time and the @#$ holes made fun of me.

All they do is whine about which board is better.

Complete losers that need to put down the key board and work on making a dollar or two.

They just make fun of people and treat each other like crap.

Carpet cleaning mixed with church and politics no thank you

How many times can I read about pre-sprays

I think about 70% of the cleaners I speak to think these boards are a waste of time. Don't hate me for saying this I am just telling you what I hear. As a matter of fact it always was soooo negative I have stopped asking.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
An elitist group...i feel i am better than most people...wanna fight about it? Yor prolly a democrap anyway...God tol me to say that..meanwhile can you loan me a coupla bucks...what's the best pre-spray and no i don't vacuum!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I get similar responses to Adam's as I teach and travel. These are my thoughts and responses:

A bunch of so called know it alls that spend more time bashing each other then helping each other.

That's not been my experience at all. When someone has a legitimate question, I mostly see reasonable advice being given. Sometimes it becomes a mosh pit later, but I've rarely, if ever, seen someone left without a few well thought out, helpful answers.

I generally answer that by mentioning the majority of the contributors have successful businesses, a few of them incredibly successful. What is more impressive is how little these guys say about their success and financial position. They just pitch in and help.

None of these boards are for the thinned skinned. That said, there is still more helpful advice than ridicule. The roughest treatment is usually between long time posters who are really friends just snapping towels in the locker room.

There is a bit of that. I think its normal that the same competitive nature that makes individuals successful in business creates a bit of that type of rivalry. I think its less whining than it is some "trash talking" like you might see on a basketball court.

Complete losers that need to put down the key board and work on making a dollar or two.

As I said before, there probably are a few guys who could focus a bit more on the business, but from my own "outside the board" experience with the majority of posters, most frequent posters are doing pretty well in their businesses.

As above, the roughest treatment is usually between friends. I was puzzled by that until I got to know the players here better.

If the boards were to discuss cleaning only, they'd get to be a bit boring. This board is a community. There is a time and place for all sorts of non-cleaning discussions, and I for one find many of them entertaining.

I think what some would call "basic stuff" is of great value to beginners. Some of us (myself included) forget what its like to be without much of any objective information when you're new.

I started spending time on the boards to learn more about the industry from a perspective that I'll never hear in the showroom, the classroom, or the boardroom. Its still why I spend time here.

I also come here for entertainment, and a break in the day when the walls close in a little bit.

I'm glad to be here.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I asked my supplier if he ever comes on here...He knows about it and has mentioned things like 4 to the door and all that.

He said that because he is a supplier that most people wouldn't welcome him. I don't think that's right but I do see some conflicting things that he might say that some of the regulars on here have said a few times.

I do think that everything said on here you have to think about..
Is it true?
Is this guy F'n with me?
Which guy is right in an argument?
Is he being an ###hole or just messing around?

I just think this board has great, good and bad ideas and I love hearing them all and participating in all aspects.
I think I know what is "real" when I read it...if not, I can try it and find out for myself.

I have benefited from this board on just ideas alone.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Nice post Jim....
It IS amazing at all the "behind the board" hep that all here will give!
Truly a functional dysfunctional family...
or vice-versa?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Adam
Thanks for the insight!

Pussies! Fork them!

Pussies! Fork them!

Pussies! Fork them!

Pussies! Fork them!

Pussies! Fork them!

Pussies! Fork them!
Pussies! Fork them!
Pussies! Fork them!

I always figured most of those guys were related to Ladwig or Sutley and have heard about the internet but are waiting to buy their first computer when when they become more user friendly. :p

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Reasons why suppliers should be here:

1. You'll find out what guys really think of:
A. Your products
B. Your competitors products
C. You
D. Your competitors

2. You'll find out how your products work in the field. Not how they work on a piece of carpet in a showroom or a lab, but in the real world.

You might see some questionable data, but over time, it tends to be fairly accurate.

3. You'll develop some empathy for what your customer's lives are like when machines break down, when parts don't arrive, when products don't perform, or when your staff are indifferent.

4. You get a good idea of what instructors are worth hiring, and which ones your customers don't really want to hear from.

This place especially, and all boards to some extent, are truly great research arenas.

Tell your suppliers that.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Amen, Jim.

I think that since i have joined that i have learned who to trust and who not to. i'm just a little company slowly making my way to the top with the big guys. and maybe i'll never be at the top but knowing what everyone else thinks and says helps me make decisions on how i run my operation, what chems to buy, and what works and what doesnt.

Mikeys board isn't for the people who think they know it all, its for the people who want to know it all, and use the information to better their business. and in the end make more money.

So thanks everyone.

Mike Draper

My friend shot himself and then some white trash carpet a-hole exploited him on here with pitures of his remains. I'm never coming back!!

who typed this??? Your fired mikey!

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Mike I filled out my profile, will it take some time to go though or did I do something wrong?

Greenie

Do you really want most of the biz here?
Maybe 5% of the industry finds the boards, and maybe 2% stays, that's ok, it's the same 2% we dealt with in the beginning and probably ever will, it's a good place to be.

Able 1

Name
Keith
No, you have to have the emblem on your van what do your custy's care?

It's the other cleaners in the area that might get curious.

Keith

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I would have to say John M has it right. The industry is very confusing with the different areasof expertise. :D :D Good intellegent post John.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
seeing how im on here to much and not getting my work done I want in.. my credit card number is. 4434564323456 exp:12/12 sec code 153

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom