Why Us? I mean WTF

From all the professional services, ours seem to be the only business that actually responds to inquiries and fast.

WTF does it have to be us?!!

I've contacted gate welders, painters, fence builders, landscapers, house builders.....you name it. From the low to the high life. And most of them you feel lucky if they even respond, let alone show up.

And if they show up they don't seem to follow through. Even if they already invested a few hours.

Now I know some of you (I won't name names) are going to suggest that it must be me (immigrant, personality, accent, height.... the deer in the headlight look.)
But no, I hear it from everybody.

So, WTF us?

I'd love to wait a week before I respond to an inquiry. I'd feel so complete if people will have to call me 6 times before I bother to respond. It will do wonders for my self esteem. Not sure about the bank account though. I mean the Chavezes & Ludwigs usually respond in 3.6 seconds.

WTF us?

I constantly hear this from my customers. They are always amazed that I show up on time, actually, usually 5 minutes early and that's because I was sitting in my van around the corner trying not to be too early. I usually give a pretty accurate time slot. Ive been doing this so long that I kind of know how long things take.

No, I want the secret.
How do these businesses stay in business?

Elevated Marty. Elevated.
often they don't. I went to my favorite starbuck today and there was a guy power washing the sidewalks the cleaning the windows at 12 noon. great time to work around the lunch hour rush. had the power washer in the back of a chevy uplander passenger van, leaking all over the place. was doing a half assed job. I doubt that starbuck will have him back again, regardless of price.

Yes they will.
As well as leave 12 messages till he responds. The less he responds the more they will want him.
It's the new way, I am telling you.

A few months ago, one of my clients called on a Friday and wanted to talk to me. My office girl gave me the message, I got busy, and forgot until Monday night. On Tuesday morning I called, and the guy tore a strip out of me. He said he found it very rude not to return his call, said he’d never use us again, and hung up on me.... so, ya, I know what you are saying.

A few months ago, one of my clients called on a Friday and wanted to talk to me. My office girl gave me the message, I got busy, and forgot until Monday night. On Tuesday morning I called, and the guy tore a strip out of me. He said he found it very rude not to return his call, said he’d never use us again, and hung up on me.... so, ya, I know what you are saying.
So, did he call back?

I had a dude call me that I had to chase down to get paid on the last job I did for him. He left a message saying he needed another job done. I ignored him so he kept calling and leaving messages. Finally, about 3 days later, he stops me at the gas station. I had to draw him a picture.

Last edited:
So, did he call back?
Nope. And I’m being to pig headed to call him and beg for his business. My wife keeps saying ‘call him, say you are sorry, and the next appointment is on us’. FOOK THAT! I apologized 2-3 times when we last spoke. He then hung up on me. I’m not the guys doormat, I’m simply his cleaner... funny thing is, 2 weeks ago, I did a house directly across the street, one door over. When I was rolling up, I looked over, and he was in his front yard. I kinda half waved, and went back to what I was doing....

I had a dude call me that I had to chase down to get paid on the last job I did for him. He left a message saying he needed another job done. I ignored him do he kept calling and leaving messages. Finally, about 3 days later, he stops me at the gas station. I had to draw him a picture.
You draw? Is it as good as Zee's sand art?

Under no circumstances will I mention my colleague's (Jeff) youth and inexperience :winky:

Don't call back or sweat it. He will call you back.
Or better yet, call him back and leave a message- "I am never calling you back".
That will seal the deal right there. I am telling you.
Guaranteed.

I've contacted gate welders, painters, fence builders, landscapers, house builders.
surprised at the landscapers (if we're talking mowing and not retaining walls and sprinkler systems)

there's a big difference in service outfits that can do 2, 3 and 5 jobs a day
Like cutting lawns, RotoRooter snaking drains and carpet cleaners .
Those outfits can be and are more responsive

compared to outfits where one job takes days, weeks or even months .
The big outfits don't want to monkey with small jobs .
They're busy doing sub divisions, Walgreen's, schools and medical facilities

The small time contractors that do res, get boughed down and buried quick
They might make time to look at job, then 3 or 4 jobs they bid months and months ago all pop at the same time and they're buried.
you get put on the back burner
(if they even bother to return a call to go look at what you want done)

Just the way it is, Ofer

..L.TA