why use a booster vac?

C

Carpet Dude

why do you need a booster vac? I don't understand some of you guys needing to use one with your tm for cleaning. A portable I can understand, but a tm?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I could see a need for one in large commercial areas with exceptionally long hose runs.

JohnnyV

You got one there don't you Mike? In your Bambulance....
I remember when you was normal....I remember when your neighbor snatched the "Golden" wand.

Greenie

why do you need a booster vac?

So you can dual wand with your Nellos mount.

Of course you had better at a small LP heater if you are serious, but it's doable with the right suck box.

Fon Johnson

Why? Not everyone has a super sucker with a #10 pump on it. Not everyone needs a super sucker with a #10 pump on it. I have a tm with a 33 blower. On most residential jobs it is dry (within reason to touch anyway) in 2 to 4 hours with no booster. There comes a time for most people who don't need a super sucker to run a long hose run, or possibly dual wand one or two big jobs per year. Rather than run out and buy a new tm just for one big annual job, you can drop a grand on a box that will: give more flow to decrease dry times further, enable you to do some light dual wanding with a single wand truck, do upholstery and carpet cc at the same time, give you enough of a "boost" in suck so you can stretch another 100 feet of hose for that big job.

If you have a monster blower that flows 800 cfm and you only run 50 to 100 feet of hose on all jobs, you won't need one. If you have a smaller truckmount and need an occasional boost for bigger jobs without dropping the cash for a big tm you don't NEED, then it is perfect. Odin has a well designed box that can benefit most cleaners. Is it a "must have"? No. Neither is an airpath (which many scoff at) but it sets you apart and even if it is not a huge difference, it does make an improvement in dry times. The booster may not turn a small tm into a 800 cfm impresser of guys with little man syndrome, but it will give you that extra edge when you need it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fast Eddie;

Boosters are good for increasing the lift...

If it is too low at the wand.

The higher the lift at the TM, the more loss of lift you can tolerate to the wand.

Larger vac hose to the wand will also help reduce the loss.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

G

If yous all WANT one..i think i may have a couple in the bottom of my Steam Genie waste tank.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom