Will a water pond fit in a standard van???

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Does anyone have a standard length van and have a water pond in it? If so how much room is left? Trying to figure out what type of van I need to buy. I have Blueline Bluewave and a water pond, and don't really want to get rid of that luxury item!

I'm thinking I need an extended van though.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
All our vans are either extended body or box.

It doesn't feel any different driving them around and for some reason you always that extra space.

Name
Tom McLaughlin
We've got the pond in our pro-1200 direct drive vans, standard length, side door access. Starting at front, pro-1200, pond, 120 gallon recovery tank, 24 gallon rack, leaves about 3 feet in the back. I don't that'll work with your Blueline though, might have to go with a 120 gallon aluminium over the wheel well fresh water tank, and a seperate hose reel, that's what we do with our 370 machines.Wasn't much help, was I?

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Richard, you just want me to sell it to you. I really want to keep the water pond. I bought it 7 years ago and it's worth a lot more to me to keep then to sell it for 1/3 of a new one.

I've found 2 vans here locally, a GMC and a Ford, both extended. Just need to decide.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Interesting. I'm looking at:

1. 2006 GMC w/ 85k miles, 3/4 ton extended. 4.8 V8.
2. 2006 Ford w/ 41k miles. 3/4 ton extended. 5.4 V8.

Price almost the same for both. The Ford is for sale privately, the GMC at a car lot.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We own Ford's too. With it having lower miles and larger motor I'd pick the Ford. The by owner also helps, provided he took care of it. Why is he selling it?

Chris A

Name
Chris
buy the Ford
better van
and no tin-willy hardware (door/hood latches, etc) like on Gub'mint Motors

..L.T.A.

Ha! Your gonna sit there with a straight face and tell me that Ford's door hardware is better than gms? I'd buy the gm but I have no experience with the 4.8, got 2 of them with 6.0s and ptos and they are tanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ha! Your gonna sit there with a straight face and tell me that Ford's door hardware is better than gms?

certainly am
haven't replaced any latches on Ford vans
gone thru one rear door latch on my Astro, and now the hood latch need replaced
'bout as bad as a dUdge Omni/Chrysler K kar ...well, i take that back...i don't think that's possible to be THAT bad

Chevys have a better ride, but just face it, Kid, Ford's a better truck overall ...:yoda:

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Well it might be that the astro was discontinued like 10 years ago! And yes the latches on those were junk. Only problem I've had with my big ones are the little plastic piece that the opening rod fits into on the side door, broke two but it's a quick fix

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I do like the ride of the Chevy better, its much smoother but those fookin latches do NOT last for shit. Its just ridiculous how poorly they are made. Too much plastic!

I truthfully can't say one brand has been much better than the other. I don't consider them assets, they liabilities. Its always one vehicle or another that needs something!

Name
BradFenstermaker
Curt you gotta go extended. I really miss my old Dodge Extended. Well not the dodge part. My Chevy rides as good as the Odyssey we have.
I think you should really look at them closely. Best maintained Van wins IMO.

Standard van means unloading half you crap just to get something out. I emptied my short bus today twice today.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I like my Fords though I know things are going to change real soon... They Chevy and Ford won't be making the van as we know them..

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I looked at the Ford tonight. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm getting. 41,900 miles. Looks like new. I mean really looks new. Pool repair company has it. Had it wrapped so paint looks new. Garaged whole time so no sun. Damage. Cab feels like a brand new truck.

If I get it I'll post pics and document my new journey!

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
7ezusesa.jpg
ezegerab.jpg
3u3epege.jpg

Jerry

Supportive Member
I have a pond in my Chevy extended 1 ton. I have it right behind the front seats coming out the side, then my SS454 the rest is all open to the back. Not sure if I would do the pond again that way. It puts a lot of weight on the front end of the truck (alignment issues) but it rides like a caddilac! Service on the truckmount on the one side hasn't been to much of an issue yet.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I have a pond in my Chevy extended 1 ton. I have it right behind the front seats coming out the side, then my SS454 the rest is all open to the back. Not sure if I would do the pond again that way. It puts a lot of weight on the front end of the truck (alignment issues) but it rides like a caddilac! Service on the truckmount on the one side hasn't been to much of an issue yet.

You are correct, Jerry! When I drove to Chicago in my brand new 03 Chevy extended van to pick up the Genesis, then on to Baltimore for a Summerfest (maybe 1500 miles), I wore the front tires , inside, down to the cords! I never checked until I happened to see a wheel turned and it was pretty obvious. The weight of the Genny right behind the drivers seat unbalanced the front end, and it took a good alignment guy and many shims to get it right.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I now have a waterpond in my 03 Chevy 2500 Extended Express. Installed in the rear, there is maybe 2 feet between pond and TM, enough room for service and the APO.

Driving with 800 lbs of water is a new experience, to say the least! I will be beefing up the leafs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom